It may well be not the Rangers he knew...but he's a sectarian bastard who tainted the club and lost his highly paid involvement in it, what he doesn't realise is folk like me continue to follow the club we've always followed. So piss off Findlay. WATP!

Oh, do explain.

It may well be not the Rangers he knew...but he's a sectarian bastard who tainted the club and lost his highly paid involvement in it, what he doesn't realise is folk like me continue to follow the club we've always followed. So piss off Findlay. WATP!

Well, quite expressive words, but if he's referring to what went on in his day and age with regard to that, Findlay's quite right. Of course, that baggage was almost entirely shed by the club (sic!) a decade ago and some hardliners would do well to enter this new age. Then again, we'd have to read the full interview to know what he does refer to and I for one doubt it has anything to do with "sectarian" singing, but the ongoing off-field troubles pre- during and post-admin. That will not go away unless someone steps in and takes control. As I said before though, Rangers FC have been through thick and thin in its illustrious history and 4 to 8 years of boardroom turmoil and a bad squad will not change that.

No wonder that Rangersitis sticks up for this "wie opinion". First he defended UEFA to the hilt against Legia, he sticks up for Green Brigade terrorist-bile singers and agrees to a man saying "To me, it is a new entity which has to establish its own history and tradition' . . ." As I said before, suum cuique.

Not sure where to begin here. Another very suspicious post from you.

Probably another bear who believed the tims when they told him the sash was sectarian. :facepalm:

When we whipped up our new German Rangers board in 2009, I took liberty to write a Rangers Glossary, more for our fellow German football supporters and journalists than Bluenoses around the globe. I doubt any other Rangers board ever made such a basic attempt about our (the support's) opinions and view-points.

A Rangers Glossary (starts post 2)

As for your remark, in the core sense of the word, The Sash may well be regarded as sectarian, as it revolves around a basically sectarian organisation*. That sense of the word is not the one equated with "sectarian" in modern day (West of) Scotland though. I'm not sure how steeped-in-the-wool an Orangeman Findlay was or is, but I reckon that most of the NI songs sung these days are not aired by diehard loyalists and unionists, but are (and have been since the mid-/late-90s) part of the Rangers songbook and banter.

* "... a Masonic-style brotherhood sworn to defend Protestant supremacy."