What was/is their motivation for getting involved in Rangers?

I've heard/read alsorts, such as they were 'sucked in' by Green and probably now wish they didn't get involved, or they were identified by Green to be his group's front after he made his supposed exit, or they were hoping to have sold up and been out with a good profit by now, or wanting some level of respectability that a Rangers director brings (or at least used too, what with the procession of chancers we've had lately), or even they are genuine Bears who want what's best for the club................

Interested in hearing opinions on why they got involved.

Interesting question ... that most likely will be met with the usual "tirades" about their pedigree and background and tax-crimes. No disrespect here, it is simply what you generally get.

There hardly is any doubt that they want to make money, thus far though it is hard to prove that they actually made any.

Interesting question ... that most likely will be met with the usual "tirades" about their pedigree and background and tax-crimes. No disrespect here, it is simply what you generally get.

There hardly is any doubt that they want to make money, thus far though it is hard to prove that they actually made any.

Yea, we all know about their 'pedigree', about the tax issue, but I'm not really asking about that, it's more why did they get involved?

Certainly hoping to make a few quid, this is modern football, everyone does. But is that the only motivation, were they sucked in by Green, or were they fully aware, is it purely money, do they hope they Club does well purely for that reason, or are they genuine fans and that's why they got involved etc....

I've heard a few 'reasons', though not entirely convinced by any. Probably a combination, but I'm interested in any opinions...........

have heard it said in certain circles it may be to present a more acceptable front to their children. Present can wipe-out the past sort of thing. Could be wrong though.

If so, considering all that's went on with them, do you think they might regret it now?

They want to be seen as more respectable.

Green and co view them as ideal patsies.

They mostly bought in at 70p a share I think which has seen them become joke figures in the members lounge because of their little experience in the corporate world.

The flack they've taken, mostly brought on by themselves, has made them more determined to shaft us.

I very much doubt both brothers will ever be accepted.

Rumour is both bruvas have served their purpose and could depart soon.

Edited by Stimpy

I don't know if you can still buy them, but you used to be able to buy little pieces of the Berlin wall in the Berlin Wall Museum and souvenir shops.

Well, I've got eBay running daily searches for 'marble staircase' and I'm keeping an eye on a seller called JamesiesChooChooTrains as well.

IMO the Easdales are a 'layer of comfort' between the support and those they front. Whatever the brothers ultimate angle, I don't think it will be the worst that is front of us.

The more overt arrival of Ashely on the scene will obviously affect this.

Thanks for the opinions so far.

As above, yes, they are definitely the front for the Green gang, whether still willing participants, or wanting but finding it hard to exit is open to debate?

Also yes, with Ashley getting more involved, will that herald the exit they maybe crave, or with them allegedly quite close to him in the lead up to his 'power grab' is there still a role for them?

I think McMurdo is their biggest champion.