My guess (and it always was based on player accounts at the time) is that Green purposely didn't speak to the players about transferring via TUPE and deliberately left them in the dark about what was happening because he wanted as many as possible to leave knowing that there was no way he and his wide boy cronies could afford to pay the exorbitant player wages even up until the end of the transfer window. For all we know, some of those who left might even have been secretly ASKED to leave in the manner they did, but swore to keep their mouths shut about it.

Good to see you back, but let's not get personal with fellow posters, even if they infuriate you. ;)

Fair enough, I'm going back to lie down in my darkened room.

FFS which part of 'they weren't going to stay' is it you fail to understand ?????

The newco owning the club didnt want them on their salaries in div3 and the players didnt want to play in div3.

All that was asked was for them to TUPE over to allow the club to get nominal fees. Was that too much to ask?

Which part of "Green couldn't risk it" is it that YOU cant understand ?

We werent keeping these players.............................

How many more times do I need to repeat that?

You can repeat it all you like - but that wont change the fact that if they TUPED they would be under contract and would have been well within their rights to refuse any transfer the club negotiated. Which would have left GreenCo screwed as they couldn't afford those wages.

So, I say again, which part of "Green couldn't risk it" are you failing to understand.

You seem to be taking the very simplistic approach that they would definitely have left. Whilst that MIGHT have been the case, Green had to ensure that it definitely happened. Non-TUPING was nigh on perfect for Green - as he got them off the wage bill as was his desire and at the same time could say they were to blame for shafting the Club.

Players like McCulloch and Alexander wouldn't have got half the wage elsewhere.

What will Alexander be getting at Hearts compared to what he was on with us? And what will Simmonsen be earning?

I thought about this during the game on Saturday seeing Alexander line up against us.

What will Alexander be getting at Hearts compared to what he was on with us? And what will Simmonsen be earning?

I thought about this during the game on Saturday seeing Alexander line up against us.

7 times less than he was on with us.

Simonsen will likely be on more than what Neil is on at Hearts.