Scottish Sun claims Mark Wotte 'candidate for RFC DoF role'

Something has to be done about the youth set-up at MP. It simply isn't working.It isn't producing anywhere near enough young players capable of getting into the first team & staying there.

We have a situation where clubs like Hertz and Dundee HIbs vastly out-perform us with significantly less resources. That is why it may need someone with the relevant background to come in in this DoF role and instigate change at the MP youth set-up for starters. After that making the first team worth watching again would be good.

We have a situation where clubs like Hertz and Dundee HIbs vastly out-perform us with significantly less resources.

One of my fellow German Bears noted, that it is a bit like looking at the fishing industry. The big clubs with money scour the seas with trawlers and get in vast amounts of fish. They usually do not need to look at fine pieces they cought, for if they want something, they buy it with the money they make. The small clubs are more akin to pearl divers and harpune fishers, who have to go fishing and find the best around ... to survive. The smaller clubs in Scotland obviously have a better network and youth facilities than we do, as they had to work with and on them for years. They usually find and have solid Premiership material. Likewise though, they are not exactly producing international or world class players galore.

We should and could have, but only a handful of the big clubs on this planet (and not that many in Britain) go actively deep into youth work and look for the finest about. On the other hand, dozens of clubs scour the youth teams for talent and where others find gems in abundance (Brazil, Spain, France or Germany), our scouts (if any) will have to find it in the dearth of Scotland. On top of that, you also need people able to find and rear that talent. We have failed miserably in the past few decades (as have many others) and in the state we are in right now, I'm not exactly seeing any quick and successful changes. Looking at players in the US of A and a chap like Wotte is a step in the right direction though. How many steps we / the staff are allowed to take is anyone's guess.

One of my fellow German Bears noted, that it is a bit like looking at the fishing industry. The big clubs with money scour the seas with trawlers and get in vast amounts of fish. They usually do not need to look at fine pieces they cought, for if they want something, they buy it with the money they make. The small clubs are more akin to pearl divers and harpune fishers, who have to go fishing and find the best around ... to survive. The smaller clubs in Scotland obviously have a better network and youth facilities than we do, as they had to work with and on them for years. They usually find and have solid Premiership material. Likewise though, they are not exactly producing international or world class players galore.

We should and could have, but only a handful of the big clubs on this planet (and not that many in Britain) go actively deep into youth work and look for the finest about. On the other hand, dozens of clubs scour the youth teams for talent and where others find gems in abundance (Brazil, Spain, France or Germany), our scouts (if any) will have to find it in the dearth of Scotland. On top of that, you also need people able to find and rear that talent. We have failed miserably in the past few decades (as have many others) and in the state we are in right now, I'm not exactly seeing any quick and successful changes. Looking at players in the US of A and a chap like Wotte is a step in the right direction though. How many steps we / the staff are allowed to take is anyone's guess.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Are all the German bears as barmy as you are :D2?

Not form me, look at his cv, lasts little time anywhere and has achieved little. Under his tenure Scotland ceased to have any competitive youth football.

Manipualted the development league to create space for his "acadamies" the latest at the expense of Queen's Park, one of the better youth setups.

It probably would mean the end of Sinky's tenure as I gather they have had a few differences of opinion.

I'm not really sure what to make of him to be honest.

He's been at a lot of different places, not sure of what evidence there is of his success.

He's left Scotland a lot better off than when he joined, though not sure if any of this is due to him. Scotland have established players that I doubt he had any involvement in developing. What Scotland benefit from is a manager who tries to play football.

He'd be a huge improvement on what we have, but it's pointless discussing because we're talking about propaganda and we're only giving into the machine.

my only real evidence is looking at what he achieved as one of the main coaches within the Belgian youth set up and the results of that within the last two years. Understand he didn't achieve it on his own, but there is evidence that he has changed methods within Scottish youth football and there is some results based evidence, ie first win in decades of the Victory Shield last year.

any coach that can take kids outside of their comfort zone and make them think about different approaches to technique. positional play, what they're contributing off the ball has to be good.