Unofficial Declaration of Results of Election for Rangers Fans Board Office Bearers

It is utterly ridiculous that Rangers have not yet announced the full results of the RFB Office Bearers Election. This is not private or confidential information; it should have been made public at the first opportunity.

In most any other election the results would have be announced immediately after the count. Failing to declare the results immediately can only lead to unnecessary suspicion and speculation.

Rangers could and should have posted the full results around 7.00pm last Wednesday or at the very latest first thing on Thursday morning.

The Election preceded the Meeting, so whilst the results might be included in the Minutes for completeness, strictly speaking they are not part of the Minutes of the Meeting; so there should be no need to wait for the Minutes to be published to announce the results.

The Board members have been gagged and those I have spoken to are rightly concerned that if they spill the beans the same fate might befall them as befell me.

Fortunately, however, I have other sources.

So in addition to Gary Gillan being elected unopposed (by me or anyone else) as Secretary; I can now reveal that Tom Clements comfortably defeated Alan Fraser for Chair and Christine Murdoch won the 3-horse race for Vice Chair by a short head from Zia Islam and William Gillan.

It is utterly ridiculous that Rangers have not yet announced the full results of the RFB Office Bearers Election. This is not private or confidential information; it should have been made public at the first opportunity.

In most any other election the results would have be announced immediately after the count. Failing to declare the results immediately can only lead to unnecessary suspicion and speculation.

Rangers could and should have posted the full results around 7.00pm last Wednesday or at the very latest first thing on Thursday morning.

The Election preceded the Meeting, so whilst the results might be included in the Minutes for completeness, strictly speaking they are not part of the Minutes of the Meeting; so there should be no need to wait for the Minutes to be published to announce the results.

The Board members have been gagged and those I have spoken to are rightly concerned that if they spill the beans the same fate might befall them as befell me.

So in addition to Gary Gillan being elected unopposed (by me or anyone else) as Secretary; I can now reveal that Tom Clements comfortably defeated Alan Fraser for Chair and Christine Murdoch won the 3-horse race for Vice Chair by a short head from Zia Islam and William Gillan.

the original election results were not posted, so we had no idea what numbers voted and for who. is it any surprise that this election hasn't been made public?

I really don't think that many people actually give a toss. You're best moving on rather than make a fool of yourself as this thread and your posts on RM would has bitterness enemating from you.

I wouldn't use the word "bitter" but I am most certainly sickened by the way I have been treated by the Club I love and have supported most of my life.

A short head eh?

I certainly haven't been gagged.

If you want to find the author of your misfortune then seek out the nearest mirror.

I was interested in hearing who got elected originally and look forward to reading the minutes of this meeting, but I couldn't care less who got elected to the internal positions. It's irrelevant to me and a vast majority of fans.