Players In / out

We have an awful lot of players who we perceive as dead wood, but let's see if PLG can get more out of them than Eck did.

I'm not for a massive clearout as much as I'd actually like it, for the simple reason we don't have the money to replace the apparent average players with quality ones.

So give the whole squad the chance to earn its stripes under PLG, even including the likes of Bernard and Fanfan. We don't have the money to do otherwise.

We have an awful lot of players who we perceive as dead wood, but let's see if PLG can get more out of them than Eck did.

I'm not for a massive clearout as much as I'd actually like it, for the simple reason we don't have the money to replace the apparent average players with quality ones.

So give the whole squad the chance to earn its stripes under PLG, even including the likes of Bernard and Fanfan. We don't have the money to do otherwise.

Agreed to a degree Danny but we really do have players who are not in the class we are hoping for. I think we have to clear wages to bring new faces in.

Agreed to a degree Danny but we really do have players who are not in the class we are hoping for. I think we have to clear wages to bring new faces in.

The problem is which players are definitely not Rangers class? Eck was able to make good/great players absolutely guff - look at Novo - had a cracking first season and now he's one of our abject failures.

I just think every player deserves the slate cleaned and a new chance under PLG. If they're still guff, give them the heave. But give them the chance to prove themselves.

Guest stano

The problem with that though Danny is that if they don't find their form we're stuck with them for another 6 months with these bloody transfer windows

I think Andrews has been told he won't feature and so is thinking of declining the extension to look for first team football. He's a religious guy and so if he's true to that, money won't be his main motivation. I think he'd rather get paid less for playing first team football than loads for playing in the reserves.

The transfer window does make things tricky, but with PLG coming back to start pre-season, maybe he's hoping that seeing the guys in training will help make his mind-up about whether guys are staying or going? Like I said, I'd have thought some players will have to leave to keep the wage budget under control unless things have changed drastically since last season. Was AM's situation not that he could maybe bring in 1 player, but any more and players would have to leave? Obviously PLG has more cash availalble, so maybe he's diverting some of that into covering a higher wage bill for a while until he's made his mind up? Or maybe DM is covering the higher wage bill for a wee bit at first. (Actually, I forgot, PL's wages are now off the bill, so that's a start).

Bob Malcolm, Andrews, Ricksen. Those are 3 names that I think of straight away who could probably move on somewhere and be successes instead of staying here and being reserve players. Well, if Ricksen sorts his attitude out first.

Mike,

Wattereus' wages are also off the wage bill (although those will be covered by Letizi I would think).

Still leaves us net 20k in the black on wages (is that not what Pete was on - there or thereabouts anyway).

But that 20k will have been eaten up by Sionko, Svensson, Furman, Ponroy, Stanger.

But of the "war chest" that we have heard about Gers have only net spent 200k (600k on Svensson but we got 400k, I think, for Zurab).

So there should be plenty left to cover some 1st-teamers. Of the players mentioned above Sionko and Svensson look like the only ones that will be 1st-teamers at the outset - the others are for the future, but that is a VERY GOOD thing as PLG is obviously looking to spend little on these types of players and develop them.

There should still be plenty for 2 or 3 good 1st teamers with the funds PLG still has left at his disposal (the funds he has left should cover fees and wages).