Successful at what level though? Given (2) above I would say Arthur Numan's 'success' and style of play as Holland B\Under 20 level manager may be worth a punt.

Successful at any respectable level.

The one thing we simply must not have again is another clone of Walter Smith, which is what Ally McCoist is. We need a manager who will achieve success with a team that loves the ball, that is adventurous and bold, that is prepared to take a few risks - that wants to play entertaining football.

We will have to break even and that means well over 8 million in cuts.

We haven't broken even since 2007 and I doubt this mob have any intention of doing so in the near future.

Even 2007 was a one off. Losses are the norm here, it's what we do.

Edited by Super Cooper

We haven't broken even since 2007 and I doubt this mob have any intention of doing so in the near future.

Even 2007 was a one off. Losses are the norm here, it's what we do.

oh i think the days of people putting in to prop up our losses are over. as are our days of getting debt.

we also more than broke even for at least 3 years under aj and co. debt reduced year on year etc.

Regarding scouting, Micheal Mols said the following back in March:

There is a simple solution. There are so many ex-Rangers players all over the world.

“You have Claudio Reyna in America, you have Arthur Numan, Bert Konterman and Ronald de Boer in Holland, you have Lorenzo Amoruso in Italy.

“They can look for players or provide information. Would these former players want to be involved? Without a doubt.

“Everybody is eager to help and that is for sure.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ibrox-great-michael-mols-blasts-3303771

Those type of comments do make me wonder if combining a new management team with a good scouting network is really as far fetched as some of us seem to think?

What about an all dutch management team like Ronald de Boer, Arthur Numan & Micheal Mols?

Could Ronald de Boer be separated from his brother at Ajax? :)

Although I cant see someone like De Boer taking the crap from this board.

That's one of the main problems. We need the Club sorted out at ownership and boardroom level as well as back in the top flight and on a semi even keel financially before any of these grand ideas are likely to even be possible.

oh i think the days of people putting in to prop up our losses are over. as are our days of getting debt.

we also more than broke even for at least 3 years under aj and co. debt reduced year on year etc.

Lol. We needed guaranteed Champions League group stages to get anywhere near breaking even, every single year.

We averaged a £13m loss over the 3 years before Craig Whyte took over.

Ffs, we got to a European final and managed to increase our debt by £5m.

There was a reason the bank took control, c*nts like Bain and Murray were making a complete arse of running us. Not once could they ever have us living within our means without the need for European football. A revenue stream which we all know is never guaranteed.

Lol. We needed guaranteed Champions League group stages to get anywhere near breaking even, every single year.

We averaged a £13m loss over the 3 years before Craig Whyte took over.

Ffs, we got to a European final and managed to increase our debt by £5m.

There was a reason the bank took control, c*nts like Bain and Murray were making a complete arse of running us. Not once could they ever have us living within our means without the need for European football. A revenue stream which we all know is never guaranteed.

profits and losses can be misleading. in those 3 years we paid of 30 million odd of debt. you don't do that without taking in much more than you are spending.

but that's and aside to what we are saying. we won't get any real debt and external funding is drying up. huge cuts will be made.

profits and losses can be misleading. in those 3 years we paid of 30 million odd of debt. you don't do that without taking in much more than you are spending.

but that's and aside to what we are saying. we won't get any real debt and external funding is drying up. huge cuts will be made.

Good because that is long overdue. 15 years too late in all honesty.

Battling relegation in the SPL next season is going to be a hoot. I can see Ibrox being shut down and sold off within 5 years if what you say happens.