After Mike and myself having a wee mention about the 3-5-2 system on another thread, id wonder how many other Bears would like to see this given a crack.

It is either a hit or a miss but if it is pulled off in the right way it can work fantastically. Martin O'Neill got it spot on in his early days at Celtic with 3 towering and strong centre halves.

Mike made the point that it didnt work with England recently but i think thats down to 1) it was just thrown at the players 2) they didnt even try it in training bar once 3) it needs time

We have 3 or 4 great options at centre half at the moment and also have a good sweeper type player (Hemdani) to sit infront to make it even more solid.

Then it gives you 4 extra midfielders to keep possetion and be creative and it leave you with 2 up top.

Id be a bit dubious in europe with it to start with but in the SPL i think we could destroy teams even those who play with the Dunfermline formation of - 10-0-0

It would suit the likes of Buffel to be the man behind the front 2 and allow Ferguson to be box to box with Hemdani sitting tight. Then we still have 2 wide men.

Our team would look something like this:

_______________McGregor______________

______Svensson___Weir___Ehiogu_______

_______________Hemdani______________

Burke____Ferguson____Buffel_____Adam___

____________Prso_____Boyd____________

After Mike and myself having a wee mention about the 3-5-2 system on another thread, id wonder how many other Bears would like to see this given a crack.

It is either a hit or a miss but if it is pulled off in the right way it can work fantastically. Martin O'Neill got it spot on in his early days at Celtic with 3 towering and strong centre halves.

Mike made the point that it didnt work with England recently but i think thats down to 1) it was just thrown at the players 2) they didnt even try it in training bar once 3) it needs time

We have 3 or 4 great options at centre half at the moment and also have a good sweeper type player (Hemdani) to sit infront to make it even more solid.

Then it gives you 4 extra midfielders to keep possetion and be creative and it leave you with 2 up top.

Id be a bit dubious in europe with it to start with but in the SPL i think we could destroy teams even those who play with the Dunfermline formation of - 10-0-0

It would suit the likes of Buffel to be the man behind the front 2 and allow Ferguson to be box to box with Hemdani sitting tight. Then we still have 2 wide men.

Our team would look something like this:

_______________McGregor______________

______Svensson___Weir___Ehiogu_______

_______________Hemdani______________

Burke____Ferguson____Buffel_____Adam___

____________Prso_____Boyd____________

Looking at that formation, I don't think the wide players, Burke and Adam, have the engine or ability to cover the flanks. Would probably prefer Hutton and Smith, although that weakens the attacking threat. Don't think i'd go 3-5-2, but Smith has utilised 3 at the back before.

I think we should stick to 442, i dont think we need 3 CB's either.

PLG got slated for playing his own formation instead of a standard 442 system, Smith already has enough fans doubting his abilities without risking trying a new system.

Think we need continuity to try and finally get that domestic consistency we've been lacking for years. Changing formation to a completley different defensive set up isn't the answer at this stage of the season. It would only lead to more defensive errors till the team became used to it.