Ally's assistant taking over until the end of the season shows how low we've come and how little those running the show care.

Not even able to replace the manager in a suitable time frame?

Embarrassing.

As we were discussing last week, perhaps they know a massive points deduction will be coming before the end of the season and staff leaving due to admin... so managerial and player positions are irrelevant anyway. Or they just don't care at all which most of us have been predicting. It is a nightmare either way.

Edited by SteveC

Ally's assistant taking over until the end of the season shows how low we've come and how little those running the show care.

Not even able to replace the manager in a suitable time frame?

Embarrassing.

Wouldnt you rather they took their time & got the right candidate?

Quite frankly none of the names mentioned such as McCall, Butcher, Davies, MacInnes etc are outstanding although Davies would do for me simply because he's proved he can manage in a difficult division

I am surpised that Ashley is prepared to countenance and effectively pay for a year's gardening leave but he has softened the blow on the share offer and the Club financially by promoting McDowall, which is a clever move out of left field that none (probabaly McCoist and McDowall included) might have anticipated.

However, anyone who sees what happens in front of the dug out week in and week out will not be surprised.

It has been obvious in recent days that McCoist had lost the support of the Boardroom and appeared to have successfully called their bluff by giving notice. However, I think that what might have happened is that he was made an offer to work till the end of the season or perhaps as I suggested in the earlier thread, £200,000 - £250,000 to go now and refused, perhaps thinking that they would then make a better offer. But in this game of bluff and counter bluff, the Board/Ashley have been too clever.

In putting him on gardening leave for a year, they have called Ally's bluff. This means that if he wants his £750,000 plus the £350,000 -£400,000 deferred he has to stay on the books for the 12 months. If gets an offer he wants to accept to go back into TV, then he will have to resign immediately and Rangers won't owe him a penny. Also if he says a word out of place then he will be in breach of contract and they'll sack him for gross misconduct and let him sue if he wants to pursue it.

Whatever was said today, obviously they were not going to take the chance of him disrupting the AGM, nor in reality could they really justify his non-attendance as Manager, which is why they have acted tonight.

It is another embarrassing moment in a long list of embarrassing moments but Ally should have resigned with immediate effect (not given notice) after Alloa or if not Alloa, certainly after it was clear last Friday night that he was no longer able to motivate the players (if indeed he has ever been capable of that).

I am surpised that Ashley is prepared to countenance and effectively pay for a year's gardening leave but he has softened the blow on the share offer and the Club financially by promoting McDowall, which is a clever move out of left field that none (probabaly McCoist and McDowall included) might have anticipated.

However, anyone who sees what happens in front of the dug out week in and week out will not be surprised.

It has been obvious in recent days that McCoist had lost the support of the Boardroom and appeared to have successfully called their bluff by giving notice. However, I think that what might have happened is that he was made an offer to work till the end of the season or perhaps as I suggested in the earlier thread, £200,000 - £250,000 to go now and refused, perhaps thinking that they would then make a better offer. But in this game of bluff and counter bluff, the Board/Ashley have been too clever.

In putting him on gardening leave for a year, they have called Ally's bluff. This means that if he wants his £750,000 plus the £350,000 -£400,000 deferred he has to stay on the books for the 12 months. If gets an offer he wants to accept to go back into TV, then he will have to resign immediately and Rangers won't owe him a penny.

Nonsense - 12 months getting paid to spend time with your family - we all know who is the smart one here. I think Ally has out smarted the board.

Nonsense - 12 months getting paid to spend time with your family - we all know who is the smart one here. I think Ally has out smarted the board.

if that's what he wanted out of it then good luck to the king of ****s....