Starting 'a new club' discussion from the AGM thread

A new club - and it would be a new club - would be followed by people who want a club of integrity to support, but they would want Rangers to get through this period and become a recognisable and trusted entity again.

If there were two clubs to follow and the big one cleared the poison from its system, the wee one might become a feeder club to it.

If Rangers remained what it has become - a club that many diehard Rangers fans will not support any more, at least a new seed would have been planted to be whatever it wanted to be.

Wouldnt work.Complete non starter but good luck anyway. Only one Rangers for me. Same one I started watching in the mid 70's

There is no solace in those words. A prime example of Corporate Model of UK plc has the club by the balls, & no amount of rallying calls from another century is going to achieve anything. We have no recourse to law, nor public influence. We have no channels open which could 'bat' for us. We have a chronic PR problem. We have an in some ways out of date stadium which will become an increasing drain on scarce funds. We have extremely limited revenue generating options. We have competitors from across Europe and the world on our TV's daily and no means to compete with them. We have contemptuous fat cats and dimwitted simpletons comprising the board. We have tactically backward coaches training the team. We have a collapsed scouting system and what looks a lot like a youth system being choked of funding.

No doubt I've left plenty out. These are not 'trials' not temporary, on the pitch 'failure'; these are the visible symptoms of a failed club. Struth's words have their place in the history of the club but taking them as a template for rescuing a 21st century business entity is not one of them. No doubt many in Pakistan would look to some rousing words from Jinnah in these times of crisis for that state but it won't actually do anything tangible to change things.

That IMO, is a very well written summary that touches on the macro issues that are in play.

Edited by buster.

Wouldnt work.Complete non starter but good luck anyway. Only one Rangers for me. Same one I started watching in the mid 70's

It's not the same one, Rab, not by a long chalk. You may surround yourself with the 'same legal entity' argument, but just take a look at what is going on here and then look back at those days when the club had true Rangers men like Jock Wallace at all levels throughout the club. Don't sully those memories in order to act staunch on here in this defence of Ashley and his band.

It may not work. It may not even be tried.

Most Rangers fans want a saviour to make Rangers right. They talk about fighting for the club but not only do they not know how to fight, they have hardly any tools and don't know who they should be fighting anyway.

Rangers goes all the way back to 1872 but a large number of Rangers fans are fully aware that while the continuation of the club is real and legal, its spirit has long since ascended to another place.

If it cannot be captured in this Rangers, a new one might have a purpose to serve.

What fighting are you doing?

See my reply to Rangersitis.

Hildy, I find your posts to be relentlessly negative, tbh.

Maybe you've just been ground down by the cumulative effect of the last few years, but when the only positive action you can suggest is to start a rival club, then I've got to question how deeply you subscribe to what I consider to be core values of our Club; loyalty & determination.

I've got my eyes wide open and I'm far from naive, but I'm nowhere near giving up on my Rangers.

If you think the day is done, there's little point in continuing to fight. I'm not sure I have completely convinced myself it is - probably still in denial - but I'm certainly leaning very much that way.

If you think something is worth fighting for, you keep going, even when the odds are against you.