Richard Gough: They are trying to force others out

Guest jukebox durie

I think you are putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 there mate.

It's a direct quote from Gough.

If he's positive that this management team will come good, I worry about his judgement and also have a concern that he is in a position to advise people who might one day become influential in the running of the club.

It's a direct quote from Gough.

If he's positive that this management team will come good, I worry about his judgement and also have a concern that he is in a position to advise people who might one day become influential in the running of the club.

I'm not denying the quote from Gough. It's your theory that, because Gough is an acquaintance of Dave King, then King would keep the current management team, that is a bit OTT. I doubt if Gough would even keep them himself if pushed, despite his 'pally wall' comment about his buddies. These guys aint as stupid as that.

How could Gough give a quote, is he not still sucking Craig Whyte's dick? At least he got a job out of his staunch defence of Whyte on the rsc circuit. Personally, I will never forget how low Gough went and what he said to us, the fans. Horrible to see a Rangers great resort to that pish.

It seems a disgusting trait amongst many playing legends from our club that they support every scumbag who comes through the door and may therefore further their nest egg.

Edited by Dragonfly Trumpeter

I'm not denying the quote from Gough. It's your theory that, because Gough is an acquaintance of Dave King, then King would keep the current management team, that is a bit OTT. I doubt if Gough would even keep them himself if pushed, despite his 'pally wall' comment about his buddies. These guys aint as stupid as that.

Over a period of time, there has been a desire by the King camp and the UOF to deflect criticism from McCoist to the board of directors.

It's my belief that McCoist would still be the manager if the King consortium had won the day and that he'd be secure in the job indefinitely.

King and co are right to attack the present ownership of the club but the price of their success would almost certainly be a jobs for the boys approach across the entire football operation. We want honest ownership at the club and those trying to win control would doubtless provide it, but their big weakness is likely to be unquestioning loyalty to people who have yet to discover the 21st century when it comes to football - the core of the club's existence.

Gough has said something he was under no pressure to say, and it shows him to be distant from the reality of what is going on at the club. If is worrying that someone so lacking in judgement is so close to a major player in the game.