Richard Gough: They are trying to force others out

Guest jukebox durie

Nice bit of anti King spin, Hildy, Do you get extra points for dragging him into an article that he isn't even mentioned in and had nothing to do with? Do you really think guys like King, get on in business by tolerating substandard staff?

Nice bit of anti King spin, Hildy, Do you get extra points for dragging him into an article that he isn't even mentioned in and had nothing to do with? Do you really think guys like King, get on in business by tolerating substandard staff?

As things stand, I think it would be helpful if King and friends took control of the club. This present ownership is intolerable, but if 'Kingco' finds a place at the club for the usual suspects or allows them to become overly influential, I believe the new dawn will turn dark unnecessarily quickly, and no-one wants that.

Watch out for excuses being made for why 'substandard staff' performed so poorly.

As things stand, I think it would be helpful if King and friends took control of the club. This present ownership is intolerable, but if 'Kingco' finds a place at the club for the usual suspects or allows them to become overly influential, I believe the new dawn will turn dark unnecessarily quickly, and no-one wants that.

Watch out for excuses being made for why 'substandard staff' performed so poorly.

These guys are realists and generally have little room for sentiment

Over a period of time, there has been a desire by the King camp and the UOF to deflect criticism from McCoist to the board of directors.

It's my belief that McCoist would still be the manager if the King consortium had won the day and that he'd be secure in the job indefinitely.

King and co are right to attack the present ownership of the club but the price of their success would almost certainly be a jobs for the boys approach across the entire football operation. We want honest ownership at the club and those trying to win control would doubtless provide it, but their big weakness is likely to be unquestioning loyalty to people who have yet to discover the 21st century when it comes to football - the core of the club's existence.

Gough has said something he was under no pressure to say, and it shows him to be distant from the reality of what is going on at the club. If is worrying that someone so lacking in judgement is so close to a major player in the game.

Complete and utter unsubstantiated scare mongering Hildy. Why though? What is this King camp that you speak of mate? Can I make a wild guess here (apologies if I'm wrong) - but I'm guessing you don't even remember Dave King? I've noticed a lot of 'younger' fans bracketing King like another 's##v out to make a fast buck out of Rangers, purely because they don't know the guy any more than they know Craig Whyte, Charles Green or the Easdales.

Your comments about his 'closeness' to the current management, McCoist etc is utter garbage, based on nothing. You suugested the same on another post, got adequate responses to refute that accusation. Yet here you are making the same point again. Can you pick up the responses made the previous time to save people repeating themselves . Thanks. http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?67515-The-Last-Seven-Days/page7

Complete and utter unsubstantiated scare mongering Hildy. Why though? What is this King camp that you speak of mate? Can I make a wild guess here (apologies if I'm wrong) - but I'm guessing you don't even remember Dave King? I've noticed a lot of 'younger' fans bracketing King like another 's##v out to make a fast buck out of Rangers, purely because they don't know the guy any more than they know Craig Whyte, Charles Green or the Easdales.

Your comments about his 'closeness' to the current management, McCoist etc is utter garbage, based on nothing. You suugested the same on another post, got adequate responses to refute that accusation. Yet here you are making the same point again. Can you pick up the responses made the previous time to save people repeating themselves . Thanks. http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?67515-The-Last-Seven-Days/page7

No-one can be sure what a Kingco Rangers would be like, but having spoken to a number of people closer to him than I am, I am left with the impression that Ally McCoist would have been kept on and that he'd have been given time to prove himself in more 'normal' circumstances.

I choose to believe that.

You are free to believe what you like.

Edited by Hildy

No-one can be sure what a Kingco Rangers would be like, but having spoken to a number of people closer to him than I am, I am left with the impression that Ally McCoist would have been kept on and that he'd have been given time to prove himself in more 'normal' circumstances.

I choose to believe that.

You are free to believe what you like.

Hildy, anyone who actually even suggests they are close to King are talking utter bollocks. If the guy is renowned for anything over and above making money, it's not having people close to him. Especially people that you or I would know. He is renowned for going it alone.

I'm not trying to have a pop at you. As you say, we are all entitled to our opinions. It just does my head though when people treat King like he has appeared on the scene recently and could be a potential chancer. If he wanted to take the Club for money he could have done it many times in his time there.

People also forget that when Craig Whyte managed to get every other board member out the door, Dave King was the last man standing telling everybody what was about to happen to our Club.

Hildy, anyone who actually even suggests they are close to King are talking utter bollocks. If the guy is renowned for anything over and above making money, it's not having people close to him. Especially people that you or I would know. He is renowned for going it alone.

I'm not trying to have a pop at you. As you say, we are all entitled to our opinions. It just does my head though when people treat King like he has appeared on the scene recently and could be a potential chancer. If he wanted to take the Club for money he could have done it many times in his time there.

People also forget that when Craig Whyte managed to get every other board member out the door, Dave King was the last man standing telling everybody what was about to happen to our Club.

I don't think King is a chancer. I think he will run Rangers in an honest fashion and that his heart is in the right place. We could do a lot worse, but if he and his allies win the day, he will be making a big mistake if he relies on old and familiar faces to carry the football operation forward.

If he comes in, or indeed if his friends come in, Rangers will need to to start all over again on the football side and that means steering well clear of Walter and Ally.

We need to embrace the future rather than dragging the past along with us.

.......if he and his allies win the day, he will be making a big mistake if he relies on old and familiar faces to carry the football operation forward. If he comes in, or indeed if his friends come in, Rangers will need to to start all over again on the football side and that means steering well clear of Walter and Ally

We need to embrace the future rather than dragging the past along with us.

Which brings us right back to the original point - there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Dave King would do what you fear. I'm very confident that he wouldn't.