Whatever happens we need a hell of alot of money to get ourselves out of the mire we have been in.

A whole new playing squad. Virtually none of the out of contract players should be allowed back after the summer.

A whole new management/coaching team.

Alot of money needs spent on a very neglected stadium. It looks like shit in places.

Significant investment is needed - not just a few millions here and there.

Forever the optimist me, I think this guy is genuine but as has been said his timing is off, He doesn't seem the type (do any of those multi millionaire types) who works by committee so it looks like a choice for us between King 3b's and Sarver. Any Other time i would have bitten his arm off but with King and the bears maneuvering i'll stick with them.

I was waiting to see who'd be the first. Can't we just accept good news anymore? Why Rangers? Well, for a start, he'd get almost guaranteed entry to the Champions League ( after things have settled down and we've got a proper manager) and that's more likely than buying an EPL club , most of whom will be outside the first four; and secondly. Aston Villa and Liverpoolhave been US -owned. Didn't do them any harm. The potential here is just as it always was. Forty thousand attendances for a third tier club? Go figure as they say. I'd be happier with an American than the likes of Vincent Tan.

I was waiting to see who'd be the first :thup:"Can't we just accept good news any more?" You serious? No we certainly cannot "just accept" any old gieser that comes along as a saviour.

"Well, for a start, he'd get almost guaranteed entry to the Champions League" Really? Ask Sellik about that one. You reckon we would sail through 3 qualifiers every year? Don't think so.

Get real, as they say.

I was waiting to see who'd be the first :thup:"Can't we just accept good news any more?" You serious? No we certainly cannot "just accept" any old gieser that comes along as a saviour.

"Well, for a start, he'd get almost guaranteed entry to the Champions League" Really? Ask Sellik about that one. You reckon we would sail through 3 qualifiers every year? Don't think so.

Get real, as they say.

You're missing my point which is that a rich businessman would get more out of owning us than a run of the mill EPL club who are unlikely ever to make the CL. Forget Celtic's 'exploits'. Any half-decent side should be able to win the SPL. After that it's a case of investing enough to get past the qualifiers. With a fraction of the expenditure of, say, Aston Villa we would soon be back in the CL. Of course, we couldn't sail thru the CL with the lack of investment we have at the moment.

Forever the optimist me, I think this guy is genuine but as has been said his timing is off, He doesn't seem the type (do any of those multi millionaire types) who works by committee so it looks like a choice for us between King 3b's and Sarver. Any Other time i would have bitten his arm off but with King and the bears maneuvering i'll stick with them.

Problem is Kingco are not in a position to launch a takeover. Sarver has said he will work with them and now Alistair Johnston is saying he seems far more genuine than Bill Miller, for example.

You're missing my point which is that a rich businessman would get more out of owning us than a run of the mill EPL club who are unlikely ever to make the CL. Forget Celtic's 'exploits'. Any half-decent side should be able to win the SPL. After that it's a case of investing enough to get past the qualifiers. With a fraction of the expenditure of, say, Aston Villa we would soon be back in the CL. Of course, we couldn't sail thru the CL with the lack of investment we have at the moment.

What would they get more of? Certainly isn't money.

We are light years away from competing in Europe, at any stage, let alone the CL group stages. I don't think you appreciate the investment both in infrastructure and money that this will require. The Scottish co-efficient is taking such a battering that nobody is going to have any real hope of making the CL group stage, let alone us.

Even when we were spending huge sums and had a team of internationalists we were still getting beaten in the qualifiers by Viktoria Zizkov and Kaunas.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I still say that Sarver could be majority shareholder and could have King as Chairman and several of the good bears on the board, alongside a couple of Sarver appointments.

I believe that may suit all parties.

To get the club back up off it's knees we may have to have several parties pulling resources - because we're going to need very significant investment.

- I thought some of the PR blurb that came out in the last few days was from a very familiar script, eg. info that David Mason relayed.

(Alex Barr is his spindoctor)

- The (personal) statement made a lot of the David Robertson angle, quoting numbers from his career but didn't tell us enough regards his motivation, which I can't figure out.

- The timing makes it into an effort to keep Rangers minded men away from Executive Control.

Given that he planted the seed into Sarver's head, I appear to have missed the numerous interviews with David Robertson where he extols the virtues of the man and his bid for control.

Edited by Rangersitis