Pardon me if I've missed it, has there been any movement from Dundee Utd re. the Charlie Telfer payment?

Apparently we sent them a 'reminder' today. Thompson has responded sarcastically along the lines of saying we will get it and they hadn't forgotten. Basically they will leave it until the very last minute.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Pardon me if I've missed it, has there been any movement from Dundee Utd re. the Charlie Telfer payment?

Apparently we sent them a 'reminder' today. Thompson has responded sarcastically along the lines of saying we will get it and they hadn't forgotten. Basically they will leave it until the very last minute.

The tribunal decision was reached on the 9th of December and under the SFA regulations Dundee United had 28 days in which to pay it.

Tomorrow is the 28th day....

Btw mate, I moved this discussion into a new thread so it didn't get lost in the big Robert Sarver thread.

Just in case you were wondering what happened. :)

Many thanks to Mr Thompson!

By delaying payment he has forced the club to the point of disaster, which in turn has opened the door (hopefully) for actual grown ups to get into the Blue Room.

Doubtless United fans think he's putting the boot in, but I can see his plan clearly. Just as when he helped us out by lying about ticket allocations discussions with the SFA over the Cup semi, he's plainly helping us out by starving the board of much needed funds.

I say we rename the Broomloan the Thompson Stand!

Edited by andy steel

what a difference a day makes! dont know if Dundee Utd are just acting the charlie hunt or not but the end result is the board dont get the cash which helps to starve them into submission. Cant thank Mr thompson enough actually, hes done us a real turn!