Much of the damage is already done and realistically we can only hope to reach the 'play-offs' in better form, with a more coherent and effective way of playing football/getting results. To this end, the one variable that would need to be addressed immediately, is the first team management and coaching set-up.

We need better players too. That will require funding

We need better players too. That will require funding

In an ideal world maybe, but we are in a much more difficult place which means a realistic and viable approach. There is also a time issue/constraint regards the transfer window.

Our squad is good enough to get promotion but we need the club to start to believe in itself again and for a real change in management that inspires the current squad to play better football and earn better results.

Edited by buster.

In an ideal world maybe, but we are in a much more difficult place which means a realistic and viable approach. There is also a time issue/constraint regards the transfer window.

Our squad is good enough to get promotion but we need the club to start to believe in itself again and for a real change in management that inspires the current squad to play better football and earn better results.

I do not agree that our squad is good enough with our current caretaker manager who doesn't seem to want to be there. He's simply an over-promoted coach IMO.

At present I'd say it more likely we won't get promoted. The financial implications of that need to be understood.

What concerns me about all the interested parties hoping to get control is that they might all be reliant on getting 40k plus crowds for every home game. Unless there's a far better product on the park that isn't going to happen without serious funding.

Edited by RANGERRAB

I do not agree that our squad is good enough with our current caretaker manager who doesn't seem to want to be there. He's simply an over-promoted coach IMO.

At present I'd say it more likely we won't get promoted. The financial implications of that need to be understood.

What concerns me about all the interested parties hoping to get control is that they might all be reliant on getting 40k plus crowds for every home game. Unless there's a far better product on the park that isn't going to happen without serious funding.

You really think they haven't factored in all the variables?

Taken from FF

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valley Bluenose

Craig - 'the guys we want out'? Can you clarify if you're talking about them all please. Ashley, the Easdales and the entire Easdale Bloc (BPH etc) or is it just Ashley and/or Easdale?

If it's just the Easdales (who bought in at 70p IPO) then getting their personal 5% would virtually guarantee EGM success.

I will tell you as much as i can while protecting sound sources, It came from the mouth of a current director as "they" want 35p, much could be made of who "they " are and againn to protect my source i will stay out of the guessing for the time being.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucks72

Craig, its obvious we are living hand to mouth. If an EGM were called it would take 6-7 weeks to happen. I cant see it getting to that stage before drastic action needs to be taken with regards to working capital. To me that means it might force their hand even quicker to delay it?

working capital is an immediate requirement and where its placed may have a significant effect on the future of our club

Quote:

Originally Posted by weebear

We need one more rich guy (Jim McColl) to buy the Easdale shares, that would be the coup de grace.

Jim McColl has stated previous wehy he CANT buy shares just now buit if he could I would doubt he would pay the asking price

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddybluenose

Support RF and BR in sufficient numbers and they can buy the 35p shares on our behalf. Easy. Sorted.

I dont think they could with shares being available at a lower price, I would think they have an obligation to do whats best value for their members but I could be wrong

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall1873

Craig, you know my take on this, I would give them their 35p a share and get them out of our club forever. If we could convince one of the HNWI to finance it , surely the fans ( BR and RF ) could promise to buy the shares off them over a designated time scale. I don't care how much they want, I just want them out.

You more than most will appreciate though that the HNWI you need normally want to pay £4 for a fiver

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterC

My guess, and it is a pure guess, is that the situation revolves round the Rangers Retail joint agreement between RIFC and SDI.

The good guys know that they have to get that situation sorted out before they can really move forward. That income is vital to the club if it is to have any chance of survival. It's all very well people coming back and starting buying things again but if the vast bulk of the merchandising income goes to SDI then the club still has a cash shortfall.

The problem with just calling an EGM and changing the board is that it does nothing to resolve that situation.

To the people who are going to say "just rip the contract up". It's really not as simple as that. Ashley would just keep producing and selling the merchandise and it could take an absolute age for the Court to settle the matter.

Are you aware of my outing of the 75% that ashley is trying to secure?

Craig

Edited by chilledbear