In answer to trublusince1982 . . .

Ask a credible financial adviser where your money should go - invested with BuyRangers or donated to RF.

A credible financial advisor would tell you not to put your money into either scheme to be honest , as neither are investments

Edited by rbr

Of course we can discuss the relative merits but we just don't want unfair criticism or falling out over it.
the merits hinge on the management for me and who that involves. the lack of transparency on who is in control is one of the things i was hoping someone could answer.

the rst scheme states that the rst treasurer and 3 rst board members plus 3 prominent members of the rangers community make up the committee. Who are these people?

could be reading it wrong but to me it says a fan vote will happen only if serious disagreement happens. not sure if that is disagreement registered from members or between the committee.

Edited by trublusince1982

Just to prove my point , the just announced press release on legal action being shelved just backs up my point , it makes them look stupid , they should have taken legal advice then made statements not the other way round , all its done is shown the board has acted correctly , whether you agree or disagree ( and we all disagree) , it makes the RST look amateurish

Disagree on that rbr. They said they were going to take legal advice, they did it and then they told us what that advice was.

KIV that they've been given potential grounds to pursue individual Directors on should they actually grant the security, so it's better to apply the pressure now.

when i get home tonight and off the phone onto laptop will have a read of each groups intentions.

my worry is that they allow groups to vote as a collective. always ends up with power plays and this group via that group using their membership to swing votes and muddy waters to get what they think is best with the worry that best is in reference to what they get out of it rather than the club. also marginalises the single fan vote if one person or organisation can sway 10 20 or 30% of any vote.

just want an umbrella group that collects individual fans with one vote placed by that person without the usual culprits holding sway.

To use the AGM as an example, both groups invited individual members to vote on each resolution in order to arrive at a collective decision.

What's more, the RST's use of legal advice resulted in a level of media coverage which would have cost a fortune to generate through advertising.

They've probably done the cause of fan ownership / influence a massive favour through their actions in recent days.

A credible financial advisor would tell you not to put your money into either scheme to be honest , as neither are investments

Hildy's point is that with Buy Rangers you can get your money back, which isn't the case with Rangers First.

The flip side is that Rangers First have more flexibility in terms of what they can do with the money and support the Club.

As GS says, both schemes have merit and I support both, partly as it gives me twice the say!