Guest JCDBigBear
There's having an opinion and there's making unsubstantiated negative comments about her fellow fans. Her comments were the latter and arguably brought her RFB position into disrepute.

However, it's not the end of the world and I'd hope she'd be more sensible in the future. I'm sure you agree.

The comments were clearly her opinion. They were private which someone made public. The people about whom she made the comments have had very much worse made about them. I'm astonished that such a complaint was made in such circumstances. It strikes me that there is faux outrage by people just wishing to cause trouble for her and or the Fans' Board.

I've no wish to cause trouble for her or the RFB and agree any complaint is spurious.

However they were still inappropriate given her new role. That much is also clear. I'm surprised you don't concede that.

You aren't putting yourself forward to represent the support.

I nearly did, and I may choose to do so next time.

You should go for it STB, as this RFB gig would be right up your alley!

If you're successful we'll have to get you a custom t-shirt made with "I ♥ Charles Green" on the front and "Charles Green saved Rangers" on the back! :D

Yes she is, she shouldn't be on the RFB though.

Spot on, SBS. He thinks he is being cute by steering this towards some sort of freedom of speech angle. I don't believe that her comments on Houston have been given much attention on the thread, it is her position as a representative which is under scrutiny.

The comments were clearly her opinion. They were private which someone made public.

If a Rangers fans rep posts derogatory comments about other Rangers fans reps on their Facebook page or on Twitter they generally wouldn't be considered as private comments.

Guest JCDBigBear
I've no wish to cause trouble for her or the RFB and agree any complaint is spurious.

However they were still inappropriate given her new role. That much is also clear. I'm surprised you don't concede that.

We will need to agree to disagree on the inappropriate bit I'm afraid. I don't like what some people think about me, God knows I get all kinds of abuse at times just for having a different opinion., but I can't stop people having an opinion. If she had been abusive then I could understand but there was nothing abusive in her post. To quote Voltaire: I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Spot on, SBS. He thinks he is being cute by steering this towards some sort of freedom of speech angle. I don't believe that her comments on Houston have been given much attention on the thread, it is her position as a representative which is under scrutiny.
And as I've pointed out a few times, there was never any indication given that a member of the fans board shouldn't express views on their own private pages, especially views that aren't even abusive.

I'd say the same about any member of the fan board in the same situation.

Guest JCDBigBear
If a Rangers fans rep posts derogatory comments about other Rangers fans reps on their Facebook page or on Twitter they generally wouldn't be considered as private comments.

They were on her Private FB page. Even so having been made public, surely such people can take criticism? There appear to be people with an agenda against her and or the Fans Board and are looking for any excuse no matter how trivial. That is their right in a land of free speech but some honesty on their part would be good. At least she was honest in her comments.