A fans rep who attacks the integrity of individual fans and members is finished. Otherwise the rfb loses all credibility.

Alison may get a stay of execution for now as she is attacking the enemies of the ****s but collaboration only works while your side are winning.

An impartial rfb would remove her immediately.

Edited by the gunslinger

Guest JCDBigBear
Spot on, SBS. He thinks he is being cute by steering this towards some sort of freedom of speech angle. I don't believe that her comments on Houston have been given much attention on the thread, it is her position as a representative which is under scrutiny.

Nothing to do with being cute. What has she done wrong in your opinion on the Fans Board?

We will need to agree to disagree on the inappropriate bit I'm afraid. I don't like what some people think about me, God knows I get all kinds of abuse at times just for having a different opinion., but I can't stop people having an opinion. If she had been abusive then I could understand but there was nothing abusive in her post. To quote Voltaire: I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

One of the greatest misappropriations ever those are the words of Evelyn Beatrice Hall writing about Voltaire not Voltaire himself.

Pedantic Loyal

They were on her Private FB page. Even so having been made public, surely such people can take criticism? There appear to be people with an agenda against her and or the Fans Board and are looking for any excuse no matter how trivial. That is their right in a land of free speech but some honesty on their part would be good. At least she was honest in her comments.

There are plenty of honest comments on this very thread. You just don't like the honesty in them.

Making derogatory comments about the very people that she is there to represent is where the problem lies. If she does the decent thing and resigns, she will be free to make whatever comments she so wishes, and out of the spotlight, nobody will care one little bit.

Guest JCDBigBear
A fans rep who attacks the integrity of individual fans and members is finished. Otherwise the rfb loses all credibility.

Alison may get a stay of execution for now as she is attacking the enemies of the ****s but collaboration only works while your side are winning.

An impartial rfb would remove here immediately.

She voiced her own opinion. You don't know her and yet you have just accused her of being a collaborator.

They were on her Private FB page. Even so having been made public, surely such people can take criticism? There appear to be people with an agenda against her and or the Fans Board and are looking for any excuse no matter how trivial. That is their right in a land of free speech but some honesty on their part would be good. At least she was honest in her comments.

It can't be a very private page if comments on it are being made public.

I will admit that I do think there's an element of over-reaction at play here, although I also agree with some of the comments pointing out that it's inappropriate for a fans rep (ANY of them) to make derogatory comments on social media about other fans reps.

At the end of the day I have to say that none of this RFB stuff particularly bothers me any more because it looks like the 'Rangers Fans Board' is probably turning out to be a total and utter waste of time and energy.

There's some very important issues and problems facing our Club and the RFB clearly isn't going to have a worthwhile say in any of them.

Guest JCDBigBear
One of the greatest misappropriations ever those are the words of Evelyn Beatrice Hall writing about Voltaire not Voltaire himself.

Pedantic Loyal

Fair enough, despite my age I wasn't there at the time!! . I should have written to paraphrase Voltaire.