I have three issues with what was said.

1. She should not be making moronic, sweeping statements about a group of people publicly on the internet. Particularly given she is on a board supposedly representing these people.

2. The fact she is conversing with people promoting the board just shows a complete lack of intelligence and understanding of our situation.

3. Her final comment about Llambias again just shows a complete lack of intelligence, mental strength and objectivity.

Like STB she is one of the flock who are extremely gullible. This group of people have been manipulated by the likes of McMurdo, Irvine etc and all think exactly the same way. While we were being torn apart by incompetency and greed, they were being played like puppets and directing hate towards those speaking out. They must feel pretty stupid now. Or perhaps that is beyond them.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

We need a strong RFB. One that is going to be proactive and leads, and one that isn't last to react every time. One that stands up for the whole support. One that is not going to meekly stand by and accept what they are told by the club. They need to show independence and not be afraid of upsetting those in the club.

It's still early stages for the RFB and they are still finding their feet, but so far they haven't been impressive. They need to accept that, look at why that is and what they can do to overcome it, up their game and give us an RFB that we can all get behind.

I've already had my say on the individual but would like to say a word or two on the RFB as a whole.

I agree with what you say Bluedell but would personaly qualify those hopes and aspirations with what I see as harsh reality.

With regard to standing up to the club in a meaningful way and advancing on the fundamental issues of today and these last few years, the RFB has been set-up to fail or at least, will not be allowed to succeed. If in fundamental disagreement with the RIFC/TRFC board(s), the limit as to how far they could go would be to resign from their positions, individually or collectivelly. The latter wouldn't happen until it were too late.

The main problem is obviously the RIFC/TRFC executive and the influences surrounding them.

As it stands, in the grand scheme of the Rangers Soap Opera,....... the RFB are an irrelevance regards gaining significant metres but will be used by RIFC/TRFC where possible to further their respective interests. With this in mind we shouldn't invest too much hope in their political labours, nor take too much notice of what they do.

Let them get on with their individual responsibilities and at least hope they do some good there. Not losing sight of where they might represent the club more than the fans.

Edited by buster.

I think what some people need to learn is that when you raise your profile in some position, broadcasting on twitter is not much different than something like a newspaper interview. And in fact it can spread a lot quicker to those indignant to what you say due to the nature of social media.

No matter what you think privately, you have to be careful what you say publicly; even more so if you are incumbent in a publicly elected position.

Twitter is not an appropriate medium for off the cuff communication with your mates, it's your public address and public relations medium. That's why at the extreme, so many people are falling fowl of the law. IMHO Tweets should be carefully worded and measured.

I would imagine that the RFB would look for the trait of 'awareness' in their members regards what they do or say in public places, both in their duties connected to the RFB and personal views on Rangers related matters.

I'd have thought that the representative working on Communications Initiatives in Social Media for the RFB would be expected to apply a reasonable degree of care and awareness regards their personal use of the medium, more especially on Rangers issues whether that be on behalf of the RFB or expressing their own views.

Care

Quite apart from any debate on her undoubted freedom and right to express a personal view, the question is whether it was wise of her to do so and if it could be considered as poor judgement. You can bat that back and forth. My view is that she is free to express her views but that it wasn't wise and should be considered as poor judgement given her RFB work on Social Media.

Lack of Awareness

Here it is more difficult to mount a defence.

In the first message she names individuals and says that they "are all in it for themselves and their own public profile and TV dinner spot."

Then in her next message she says that she is "really happy with the way the fans board is progressing though so that is a big positive for me".

These two posts taken together display hypocrisy and a seeming lack of awareness that she has actually set herself up this way. This might be considered as nothing but here we have the RFB representative who is dealing with Social Media and Communication.

She should at least be told to display more care, better judgement and awareness in the future.

For context, I'll post up the passage displayed.

936657_909658109065716_3291914496701210809_n.jpg?oh=6192a82c81c1299eb0383b484ce5fcfa&oe=552166CA

wow

simply staggering.

I presume Derek Llambias was parachuted down from heaven with the personal recommendation of John Knox and without the recommendation of Ashley nor having any intention to run the club into the ground and lease-back Ibrox.....

Stunning naievty and ignorance ....

Probably got an MBA from Harvard....