As you say the reply was akin to having a 'lone gunman' theory despite there being video evidence that has a Brigade's compliment of men armed with automatic weapons.

Glass Question

It is my belief that the FB needs to publicly propose a vote of “no confidence” in

the current Rangers Board. Failure to do so would see the FB being viewed as

part of the problem, rather than part of the solution. If the FB does not have

the stomach for this, then they should at least formally propose a motion of no

confidence in the Club Chairman, whose performance at last week’s AGM was

utterly disgraceful, indeed repugnant.

RFB answer

After discussion it was agreed that RFB’s role is not that of voting no confidence

or otherwise but to represent fans overall and not one individual fans request

------------------------------------------------------

That discussion would have been interesting to listen to because I'm sure there would have been RFB input pointing to a large number of fans with similar questions, never mind shareholders who made their thoughts clear on the day of the AGM.

However, there must have been more voices or more influential voices lifting up the carpet to sweep the question under.

This suggests a reluctance to face-up to reality, an inability to read a situation, a majority in agreement with how board operate, influence coming from the club or a combination of the afore-mentioned.

At the same time, I'd have to mention and welcome the statement on the issue of Ibrox/advance notice to secure loan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I emailed Gary Gillan as follows on the 16th but I haven't received any reply:

Gary,

Since it is clear that the fans are totally opposed to this course of action, the RFB would be failing in their constitutional duty:

The Fans Board will provide a platform for supporters to communicate directly with key Club staff in a structured manner.

Give the Club greater insight into the topics and issues that most affect and concern the wider Rangers fanbase.

if they do not convey these views to the Board.

According to Billy Paterson on Gersnet, you have asked for "clarification"; but I and others see no point in that since what is proposed is abundantly clear already.

Furthermore the RFB should call for the resignation of the Chairman of the Board in view if his breach of previous comments about the Club's intentions in that respect.

Then we might see if the entire RFB was accused of not acting in the best interests of the Club and removed or abolished.

Bottom line is it was probably a sham from square one anyway and many of us here thought so at the outset, just as we did with the so-called "Ready to Listen" campaign which clearly put down the foundations of the RFB & more importantly, the Club Membership scheme.

Ready to listen indeed! :facepalm: