Ibrox requisitioner brands David Somers 'worst chairman' in Rangers' history

DAVID Somers was today branded the worst chairman in the 143 year history of Rangers.

Scott Murdoch, who tried to get elected to the Ibrox board back in 2013, is astonished he has clung onto his position. A leaked email from Somers to a lawyer acting for Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley last month showed that he feared for his role. It also suggested the majority of the directors were set to vote in favour of a £16 million rescue package being proposed by Dave King. The SPFL Championship club look poised to accept a £10 million loan from Ashley in return for security over both Ibrox and Murray Park.

And Murdoch feels the rival £5 million bid from The Three Bears is being ignored so directors like Somers can hold onto their places on the board. He said: "I just don't get how Somers can survive after that email that was leaked. "I was on the fence about David Somers when he came in. But I think he's turned into the worst chairman Rangers have ever had. "He must realise that Dave King has the support of over 50 per cent of the shareholders now. It doesn't take very much to work out. "Why is he continuing to turn down the offer from The Three Bears? They are very credible businessmen and have shown proof of funding. "It just shows that the man is desperate to retain his position. I just can't understand why he doesn't want to escape the madness."

This whole crew are the worst thing that has ever happened to Rangers.