well it was a bit of a gamble by ally

Aye and not a very safe bet either.

I can't understand why any football manager could even consider trusting a goalkeeper who regularly places bets.

honestly m8 the club is rancid to the core now, players ripping the piss with there shockingly displays, none of them should be on that kind of money, a manager that should be no where near the money he was on, from the boardroom playing musical chairs and giving each other backhanders and as for the coaching, my god hearts spent zero money and they are showing us up.........

if king does indeed get the club i seriously hope the club gets cleaned out but i can't see it.

How are standards have fallen ..... the fans are now the only ones with moral fibre. It just goes to show that once their is a cancer at the top it spreads everywhere.

No excuses....like Black should never play for the club again ....gardening leave ??? Toss him on the compost heap, the toxic one, with the rest of the unmentionables that have all but destroyed our club.

Anyone got any good news about Rangers FC ???

As much as I disagree with his actions this would be the 2nd time I can recall someone somewhere has breached the data protection act for the purpose of compliance of rangers players

Edited by blueflag

There's no way any action can be taken against Simonsen. The precedent was set with Black; a man who not only betted on football, not only betted on games involving his club but betted against his own team - and was allowed to carry on as if nothing had happened.

One of the most shameful episodes of the past three years is the fact that he was ever again allowed to pull on a blue shirt after he was found out.

As much as I disagree with his actions this would be the 2nd time I can recall someone somewhere has breached the data protection act for the purpose of compliance of rangers players

There was a lot of discussion on the data protection act issue following the news that Ian Black was under investigation, but if I remember right the bookies have their backs covered with legal small print and an agreement with the SFA and other sporting bodies that football players and sportsmen gambling on their own sport are subject to far less legal protection, if any at all.

There was a lot of discussion on the data protection act issue following the news that Ian Black was under investigation, but if I remember right the bookies have their backs covered with legal small print and an agreement with the SFA and other sporting bodies that football players and sportsmen gambling on their own sport are subject to far less legal protection, if any at all.

Sorry Zappa.

The information commissioner would not give a toss about any agreement with the sfa or the fact people bet on there own sports. Morally wrong I agree but acts like the data protection act don't hold much leeway for flexibility.

Is it a crime? Legal crime? even the police can't just demand 'sensitive personal information' so what gives the sfa this right?

Sorry Zappa.

The information commissioner would not give a toss about any agreement with the sfa or the fact people bet on there own sports. Morally wrong I agree but acts like the data protection act don't hold much leeway for flexibility.

Is it a crime? Legal crime? even the police can't just demand 'sensitive personal information' so what gives the sfa this right?

IIRC the get-out clause for bookies providing sporting authorities like the SFA (and FA down south etc) with info on footballers betting is just simply based on them being legally allowed to flag up any suspicious activity which could relate to match fixing or in-game activity fixing.

The SFA say they have measures in place to detect betting in Scottish football what are these measures do you only have to play for Rangers?

Only Black and an Ayr United player at the time, Michael Moffat, have been done for this. Though, unlike Simonsen both had betted in games involving the club they played for. Black you'll remember got a 10 match ban, seven suspended.

Last January, Moffat received a six-game ban that was later cut to four, with two suspended, after an appeal against the penalty.