Craig Thomson to referee our Semi Final

Craig Thomson will referee the Scottish League Cup semi-final between Celtic and Rangers at Hampden on Sunday February 1.

The assistant referees for the Old Firm clash are Graham Chambers and David McGeachie, with Calum Murray the fourth official.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Scottish+Championship/Rangers

I never thought it would be anyone else. This game was always going to get what they consider as their best and most experienced referee.

He's their best and most experienced referee? LOL

Very inconsistent and error prone is how I'd describe Thomson.

Scottish refs as a whole are crap. Must be the sub-standard fitba' they have to keep pace with every f@cking week, and very well paid to do it as well.

Willie Collum is easily our most consistent referee, he consistently gets it wrong

I regrettably don't think the referee will be the deciding factor in this game. I can see no result other than a royal thumping unfortunately. Our players have shown no guts for a battle especially if we go a goal or two down. I fear they could cave. IMHO sadly.