if you can put in two mil to pay bills you can put in five mil. its the return that restricts.

We need people with the ability to drive home whats needed.The bid seems to still rely on the board doing whats right. Its like they are unaware of who they are dealing with.

if they want shareholders to follow them at the egm they need to lead first.

you can loan as much as you want but we need investment not loans. right now you can't invest to much.

exactly. no need for loans or shares in return,nothing.

sticks in my craw when they offer 6.5 then say we could up it to ten. why not offer the ten in the first place? thought rangers were first priority? the club and the fans need the largest investment poss. Wish just one person would play the long game and not try and maximize returns in the short term.

they can't offer ten until they get the board to fuck.

they have been played on every offer of funds by the board on the simple fact , the 3bears negotiate and put in a written offer on what the board need

and the board go back to ashley and ask how we can better the offer.

hence why different terms today

but maybe just enough to muddy the waters

The Park/King group could have offered £20M interest free and without security and it was LLambias/Somers job to find a way to reject it in favour of their puppet master.

It was not a serious option for them to not take Ashley's deal, as Ashley is running the club and is battling to retain control. The only thing they had to worry about was what excuse they were going to make to reject the better option.

I don't quite agree with that. The two offers as they were are easily compared and one is clearly substantially favourable to the club. The other is substantially favourable to the lender.

The reason Ashley doubled his offer from £5M to £10M (but it is really only £5M with a reviewable further £5M potentially somewhere down the line) and took off the security over Ibrox was just to get it to an arguable level for a spin doctor to try to defend as his original deal was indefensible.

To most fans even this softer loan is outrageous and is clearly not in our clubs interests.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the 'good guys' fighting fair while they complain about the big bad street fighter kicking, head-butting and using every 'tool' he can get his hands on to win the fight. Was any of it really unpredictable? Are they really so naive? You also get the impression Ashley hasn't even started. Depressing.

Are his sales and marketing people terrified to tell him nobody will buy strips etc, or does he know something we don't? Or is he just so determined not to lose a battle because of what it would do to his reputation?

I don't get it.

The Park/King group could have offered £20M interest free and without security

I'm being pedantic here TB, but Dave King is currently operating separately from the Taylor/Park/Letham group for specific reasons, so they couldn't have jointly offered a £20m package.

I'm being pedantic here TB, but Dave King is currently operating separately from the Taylor/Park/Letham group for specific reasons, so they couldn't have jointly offered a £20m package.

They are operating separately in the same way that Ashley is a minority shareholder with little influence!!