Users of the default 'Gersnet Home' forum Style

Unless your browser (probably Safari or Chrome for iOS) is using the forum's 'Default Mobile Style' which hasn't been optimized or you're using Tapatalk, then no, you should still clear your Cache to get the benefit of the optimizations.

If you see the following icons (see below) at the top right of the screen on your iPad (or other mobile device, including Android devices), then your browser is using the Default Mobile Style for the forum and you can ignore this thread for the moment.

login.pnggridmenu.pngsearch.png

Nope, I do not have these icons.

Safari.....

1. Click the 'Settings' icon from your iOS device's home page.

2. On the settings page click on 'Safari' to bring up the Safari options page.

3. Click 'Clear Cookies and Data' and a popup box will appear where you need to click 'Clear Cookies and Data' again to confirm.

That should be you done.

Edited by Zappa

I've cleared my browsing history as advised...since I did that, I've discovered a problem when I click on the 'go to first new post' button - it takes me to the start or midway through each thread I've already read.

Is this to do with the changes I've made or is maybe just a 'blip' on the site? Anyone else having this issue?

Also some of the 'go to first new post' buttons are not displayed AFTER your thread (this one) Zappa, here's a screenshot of what it looks like....

Screenshot.png

Edited by Bearman
Spelling error

I've cleared my browsing history as advised...since I did that, I've discovered a problem when I click on the 'go to first new post' button - it takes me to the start or midway through each thread I've already read.

Is this to do with the changes I've made or is maybe just a 'blip' on the site? Anyone else having this issue?

Also some of the 'go to first new post' buttons are not displayed AFTER your thread (this one) Zappa, here's a screenshot of what it looks like....

It's not a problem or blip on the site. Go to the 'Forum Tools' menu at the top right of Rangers Chat and select the 'Mark This Forum Read' option and that will reset the new post notifications.

F9lE1Gy.png

It's not a problem or blip on the site. Go to the 'Forum Tools' menu at the top right of Rangers Chat and select the 'Mark This Forum Read' option and that will reset the new post notifications.

F9lE1Gy.png

I did what you said mate, now I have no 'go to first new posts' buttons on ALL threads, that's not right, is it?

Sorry if I'm being pickety, but it is a bit frustrating for me.:shock:

I found the forum fast anyway compared to others, but I must say I have noticed a difference, everything is loading lightning fast!

I have never found a problem reading through the forum, but somehow for whatever reason something has knackered up my experience on the forum. Anybody else experiencing 'odd' changes to what they normally do when visiting the site? I'd be grateful for some feedback folks.:tu: