This isnt specific to this site but thought id ask in case anyone can shed any light on whats going on.

I have had internet issues for the last few days, but only on one laptop, every other networking device in the house is fine.

Issues including :-

Pages not loading or loading slow

Pages loading in code format

Pages stalling half way through loading, and a download/bookmark of that page downloads automatically (this is new and very weird!)

Specific to the forum, the slow response is resulting in my double posting a few times in the last few days.

Currently running Avira Antivirus, and installed Malwarebytes yesterday but these have come up with no issues of viruses or anything. Havent been on any website im not usually on in the past few days either.

On Zappa's advice, ive also installed Ghostery, who said I should post here if the problem continues.

I thought things had improved last night but noticed its been doing the same this morning.

OS is Windows 8.1, browser is Chrome, Lenovo laptop.

Now that I see your system specs I can't be of much more help mate.

I don't use Windows 8.1 or Chrome, so will need to leave you in the capable hands of other forum members who might be able to help.

Laudbertz, try disabling hardware acceleration.

To disable it type "chrome:settings" in the address bar,

click Advanced Settings,

then uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" under the System header.

Close all open Chrome browser instances and restart Chrome.

If that doesn't help, then another possibility is that a recent automatic update to Chrome has caused a conflict with Avira Antivirus. The easy way to check that one is to completely uninstall Avira, reboot and try Chrome again.

Edited by Zappa

Does it do it in other browsers ? I.e the same laggy crap? Don't shoot the messenger but win 8 really built for IE

I havent tried other browsers tbh, ill install Firefox and see how it is.

Laudbertz, try disabling hardware acceleration.

To disable it type "chrome:settings" in the address bar,

click Advanced Settings,

then uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" under the System header.

Close all open Chrome browser instances and restart Chrome.

If that doesn't help, then another possibility is that a recent automatic update to Chrome has caused a conflict with Avira Antivirus. The easy way to check that one is to completely uninstall Avira, reboot and try Chrome again.

Shall try that also.

Now that I see your system specs I can't be of much more help mate.

I don't use Windows 8.1 or Chrome, so will need to leave you in the capable hands of other forum members who might be able to help.

Really dont like Windows 8...bring back Vista! Ok maybe thats too far. :)

Well the settings thing didnt mae a difference, so i've now installed Firefox. I've only been on for 2 minutes but..so far so good. Would still like to know what the problem is with Chrome but this is a good fix.

Cheers guys!

Yesterdays repreive in non stuttering interwebz lulled me in to a false sense of everythings ace.

In other words, having problems again today.

The only thing happening is that internet is slow/not loading. I aint getting the code pages or downloaded items I was in Chrome.