The first thing that needs addressing whoever wins this EGM is getting a team on the park that Rangers supporters will pay to watch. That will require serious funding. I've yet to hear either side acknowledge this. Supporters will not turn up to watch dross as we saw today

how much will this living link cost us? what do you see these kind of roles involving? who are they educating?

I imagine nothing, it will be a voluntary, labour of love Ambassadorial role (probably with expenses covered, which is fair enough); representing the club at official functions, in the community, and generally presenting a respectable face rather than the well skelped arse cheeks that are the Easdales; Rangers fans, though I'm not sure where the educating part comes from, it's more a symbolic role both of gratitude for their past endeavours, and the continuation of their link with the club and fans after their playing/managing days are over.

I'm a little surprised you want this explained, it doesn't seem greatly taxing to my admittedly aging mind.

Edited by andy steel

I imagine nothing, it will be a voluntary, labour of love Ambassadorial role (probably with expenses covered, which is fair enough); representing the club at official functions, in the community, and generally presenting a respectable face rather than the well skelped arse cheeks that are the Easdales; Rangers fans, though I'm not sure where the educating part comes from, it's more a symbolic role both of gratitude for their past endeavours, and the continuation of their link with the club and fans after their playing/managing days are over.

I'm a little surprised you want this explained, it doesn't seem greatly taxing to my admittedly aging mind.

What will this achieve? Seems pointless to me and not exactly a high priority.

The first team should be no1 priority. Especially after today

This is unreal!

Seriously Rab - you haven't noticed the club almost completely losing contact with its roots, its heritage, its history? Or you have noticed it, and it doesn't bother you?

All it will take will be a 5 minute phone call, which has by the sound of things already been done, in which Rangers legends are asked to once more put their shoulders to the wheel and help the club that has been their life. It's hardly the answer to the shambles on the pitch but it takes care of one, easy to fix part of the bigger picture which the current lot couldn't do in 100 years - to get the fan base trusting the club again.

Edited by andy steel

The first thing that needs addressing whoever wins this EGM is getting a team on the park that Rangers supporters will pay to watch. That will require serious funding. I've yet to hear either side acknowledge this. Supporters will not turn up to watch dross as we saw today

I think that King has mentioned this.

I'm a little surprised you want this explained, it doesn't seem greatly

taxing to my admittedly aging mind.

will take it all back and agree whole heartedly if expenses are the only return. To the best of my knowledge these jobs have always came with a wage of around £60,000 plus expenses and other add ons at the club.

For me a complete and utter waste. Most of these guys but not all where at the club during times of over expenditure . my worry is they mistake alot of waste as some link to our heritage. Things like £50 xmas bonus for every member of staff when going through or just through administration. Huge wage bills for low key jobs just because the person has always been there. £2m being a fair wage for managing rangers with £100k odd in expenses being the rangers way etc.

that along with the usual silence and a stiff upper lip being the best way to deal with the media and the sfa are nndt what we want in my opinion.

give me a museum and tours and thats as far as i would want them involved.

we have lost alot with davy dying but their is plenty of people left guiding those new to the club in our ways

What will this achieve? Seems pointless to me and not exactly a high priority.

The first team should be no1 priority. Especially after today

The first team and manager is priority. King stated so this week. So that's that one settled.

What will it achieve? It's one of the least expensive ways open to a football Club to maximise their corporate hospitality opportunities etc. Punters love to meet and chat to their heroes of the past while being wined and dined etc. Why do you think that mob over the road started it again in a big way? It's a money spinner and also brings back a huge feelgood factor having the corridors filled with legends.

It's a 'no-brainer' unless unless it isn't of course. :whistling:

Also can you imagine if a couple of these guys were around the place on a Monday when the likes of Ian Black came strolling in? I would like to see what 'Wee Doddy' would have to say to him. "Can I have your autograph Ian?" - I think not!!!