TA Member Knicked In Germany

Its just that I don't think you need to dress up as Russ Abbott and flash your knob at people to make you Scottish.

I think you'd be hard pushed to find many Scots who do Cammy. Or do you really believe most people who follow Scotland believe this and to use your most favoured argument - have you asked them all? Ridiculous!!! :rolleyes:

Its just that I realise that Scots are as violent as the English (or Irsih, or Welsh, or German, ot Italian, or Turkish,or South Americans) when it comes to football. 15 deaths at OF games in 10 years says it all really.

Cammy F

Well you're probably the only one who realises this as most people don't believe it to be true. It's called the English disease for a reason. There are far less Scots arrested at matches abroad than many countries and we don't have anywhere near the same amount of people who have to hand in their passports than England.

However, Cammy says we're all the same, nonetheless... :rolleyes:

And I've tried to google deaths at OF matches but came up blank... And I regularly read the newspapers about the matches and there tends to be about 45 arrests mostly for being drunk or disturbing the peace. Out of 50-60 thousand people, I don't think that's bad.

But obviously the press are just lying as there no milage in stories about fans killing each other...

Well you're probably the only one who realises this as most people don't believe it to be true. It's called the English disease for a reason. There are far less Scots arrested at matches abroad than many countries and we don't have anywhere near the same amount of people who have to hand in their passports than England.

The English disease and who exactly calls it that Calscot? Do you watch European and world football? There are more arrests, more violence, more murders etc at games involving Scottish, Italian, Turkish, 'Balkan', South American, German, Dutch etc than English fans (certainly in the last 10 years).

I think you'd be hard pushed to find many Scots who do Cammy. Or do you really believe most people who follow Scotland believe this and to use your most favoured argument - have you asked them all? Ridiculous!!!

Will I? Other posters have experienced this first hand as well.

And I've tried to google deaths at OF matches but came up blank... And I regularly read the newspapers about the matches and there tends to be about 45 arrests mostly for being drunk or disturbing the peace. Out of 50-60 thousand people, I don't think that's bad.

But obviously the press are just lying as there no milage in stories about fans killing each other...

Calscot, the number of 15 deaths in 10 years was a figure given by one of Strathclydes top Policemen at an anti-sectarian event. Why would he make this up? Why would he then go on to say that 8 of those murdered supported Rangers and 7 supported Craptic? Maybe the policeman involved was 'like me' and wanted to disparage this country? Or maybe, just maybe he knows more about this subject than you or me?

One pervert who happens to be Scottish flashes some and Cammy tars the whole country and everyone who supports Scotland with his shame

One pervert? This happens regularly - it was widely reported at France 98 and I seem to remember a report in one of the rags a few years ago saying that this behaviour had to stop. Might be wrong there tho, maybe I just dreamed up reading it. Also, I think MOST if not all of us has seen a Scots fan, wearing a kilt, flashing his 'man-hood' at one point or another. Whether we chose to confirm and condemn this is another matter.

Cammy F

just to back up cammy slightly here, he is justified on putting this up because in previous threads, certain people DID say that the tartan army DO NOT do things which are as bad as what the english do at games.

now, in my opinion what that geezer done to that woman and child is worthy of him being shot because the kid will grow up remembering what that idiot done to it.

From the Daily Record:

EXPOSED

WORLD CUP 2006. . We track down the World Cup flasher

By Donna Watson

TRUE Scotsman Craig Higgins is the kilted World Cup fan arrested for allegedly flashing at a policewoman, the Record can reveal.

But the embarrassed 24-year-old claims his brush with the law in Munich was a bum rap.

The welder says he was just sitting in an unfortunate position when police pounced.

He explained: "We were all just sitting about on the grass after the game.

"Obviously, being a true Scot, I had nothing on under the kilt and I must have been on display.

"The next thing all these police came over and started to huckle me away.

"My mates and I all thought it was a wind-up, until we realised they weren't lettingme go."

Craig, from Stevenston, Ayrshire, had travelled out to Germany with 17 pals on Friday for a stag do.

They had all hired kilts. Craig wore his with a Brazil top when they joined thousands of other fans at a s c reening of the Czech Republic v Ghana match at the Olympic Stadium in Munich on Saturday.

Craig said they were simply soaking up the atmosphere afterwards when the drama kicked off.

German police claimed he had lifted his kilt "and showed his butt" to several witnesses, including a female officer in plain clothes. They also said he had resisted arrest.

But after a few hours in the cells, he was released and allowed to leave without charge.

Craig, who plays for amateur side Ardaar Rovers, arrived home yesterday afternoon.

He denied there was any trouble, adding: "It was pretty embarrassing but it's all blown up out of nothing.

"The minute I stepped off the plane I spotted a Record and was shocked to see there was a story in about what had happened.

"Everyone's been having a right laugh at my expense and my girlfriend Hayley's in a huff with me because she thinks I was going about flashing at people.

"All I did wrong was sit in a bad position. In future, I think I'll stick to shorts."

-------

I think this shows how easily you can blow things out of proportion when you have your own agenda. Not sure what the truth really is, but as he was released without charge, his story seems pretty feasible. We'll never know but the guy is not guilty beyond reasonable doubt as far as I can tell.

He wasn't even a member of the TA but on a stag weekend.

I apologise for calling him a pervert and I'll be less quick to believe the spin from forum members who never let even handedness get in the way of a good rant... :rolleyes:

I apologise for calling him a pervert and I'll be less quick to believe the spin from forum members who never let even handedness get in the way of a good rant... :rolleyes:

Obviously aimed at me - I only printed what was in another newspaper - maybe its them that have the agends :rolleyes:

Cammy F