Rangers egm WILL be put off if too many fans descend on London...

You any idea how much these venues cost calscot ?

My company hires a room at the Hilton Park Lane every March for our audit committee meeting (which is, strangely enough, right along the road from the Gloucester, isn't quite as posh as the Gloucester - and our meeting is on the Monday after the EGM).... and the cost is certainly a bit more than a couple of grand. I think we pay upwards of 5k for the rental of a room which holds approximately 30 people. So you can only imagine how much it would be for a room to hold 500 people - it will NOT be cheap. Further, the utilities you speak of are more often than not at "additional expense".

With regards to staff.... At the AGM in December Rangers used internal salaried staff - I know as our contact from the Youth Academy was enlisted to participate in AGM duties as were others - so there would be minimal cost of staff in using Ibrox.

If we could do with using an indoor venue at this time of year, we certainly could have been doing with using an indoor venue in December too.... the plain reality is that this is a clear and blatant attempt to ensure that as few people as possible attend this ever-critical EGM.

Someone on FF got quotes from the Millennium Gloucester for hiring the suite they booked was between £8k-£12k .

My company hires a room at the Hilton Park Lane every March for our audit committee meeting (which is, strangely enough, right along the road from the Gloucester, isn't quite as posh as the Gloucester - and our meeting is on the Monday after the EGM)....

Sure you aren't getting the Gloucester muddled up with the Dorchester? The Gloucester's a couple of miles away from Park Lane, couldn't really be described as being along the road and isn't as posh as the Hilton.

You any idea how much these venues cost calscot ?

Not really but as events are held in halls all over the place with tickets as low as a tenner a head, as there is a profit to be made, I'd go for about a fiver a head. So say £11k for a hall in the SSEC which holds 2200... Same with that size of music venue. Only guessing but it can't believe that you'd have to spend much more as there are plenty of cheap events around that make a profit

For a group of 30, I know a basic place you could book for £110 including VAT. I even know of cheaper places than that - I've done AGM's for a social group where about 40 people turn up in a village hall for about £30... There's plenty of places you could hire for about £25 a head including food.

In fact there's a local Michelin star restaurant that charges £36 a head for a 6 course lunch tasting menu. Add in service charge and soft drinks and it wouldn't be more than £50 a head for a lovely venue with fantastic food. You'd just have to book it out and do your AGM in a few hours over lunch...

People can do 100 people at a wedding reception for about 5k in a stately home...

I've helped organise Christmas and summer parties taking over a venue and including food, disco and sometimes a band for between £10 and £25 a head.

I might be naive when it comes to some AGM costs but I know you can do things much cheaper - maybe it's like a wedding - order a cake of a party for £40, same cake for a wedding with a few embellishments: £200.

5k for 30 people seems a total rip-off. Go to the Fat Duck instead...

Sure you aren't getting the Gloucester muddled up with the Dorchester? The Gloucester's a couple of miles away from Park Lane, couldn't really be described as being along the road and isn't as posh as the Hilton.

Dorchester, that's the one :D

If they wanted something indoors, what about Murray Park??? Does it not have an indoor training pitch?? throw out some chairs, and stick a wee stage out - Job done!!!

Indoors at MP wouldn't be suitable in my opinion. They COULD do it there - but "throwing out some chairs" still gives rise to the possibility of the pitch being torn. Wouldn't want that

Edited by craig