Rangers skipper Lee McCulloch will fight his two-match stamp ban

Jig is very cute when it comes to the dirtier side of the game. The previous week in the League Cup at Hampden there were at least two actions from him which could have seen him given a straight red if he hadn't been so cute about it and avoided detection.

It's called being a pro - almost all of them are at it. The bruises they leave the field with after shifty little stamps or dragging the studs down the calf etc is common place. A part of the game we like to see ? Nope. A common occurrence ? Sadly yes.

It's called being a pro - almost all of them are at it. The bruises they leave the field with after shifty little stamps or dragging the studs down the calf etc is common place. A part of the game we like to see ? Nope. A common occurrence ? Sadly yes.

In Jig's case I think he is getting "dirtier" as his skill level decreases. He simply can't compete with many of the opposing players & has to resort to fouling them.

Get Zaliuska or Faure in beside McGregor.

I know it goes on all the time mate, but don't like to see our players resorting to dirty and nasty tactics, especially a Rangers captain. At Hampden Jig was a total embarrassment. His super fly stamp on Guidetti followed up by some sort of mad WWE elbow drop on the guy's napper was just ridiculous.

I know it goes on all the time mate, but don't like to see our players resorting to dirty and nasty tactics, especially a Rangers captain. At Hampden Jig was a total embarrassment. His super fly stamp on Guidetti followed up by some sort of mad WWE elbow drop on the guy's napper was just ridiculous.

It only goes to exemplify the breakdown of onfield discipline when the captain is giving the referee a couple of opportunties per game to send him off.

The whole club is broken and your 'experienced pros' are not at the races. At Tynecastle, Miller and Boyd could have joined Smith in the dressing room for unnecessary wreckless challanges. They are marking time as weeks are ticked off until they get out of the 'freak show' that masquerades as a football club.

This makes a play-off all the more difficult to negotiate successfully.

Edited by buster.

It's a maybe 50/50 one for me.

In the slow motion replay it doesn't necessarily look deliberate, but it also doesn't look as if Jig had no option other than to stand on the guy.

At full speed (ie not played back in slow motion) I'd struggle to defend Jig on this.