Rangers first Q&A

Q. What is the timescale for a new share issue

Murray on future share issue: 'There is the issue of Easdale's 26% block, we would need 75% for a share issue.'

Q how many more directors do you need above 3 and will you cap the salaries

Murray: "However, we think if we get control at the EGM, that proxy [to Easdale] will disappear pretty quickly'

Gilligan and Murray say they'd be looking at roughly seven board members once stability is achieved.

Murray: 'I don't think there's any chance of the EGM happening in Glasgow. We're hoping to get a venue in the next 24 hours.'

That is an absolutely terrible answer because firstly, it won't be "the past four years" for very long and secondly, it was a serious question.

Sounds like he's trying to 'lighten the mood' when the mood needs to be focussed and forceful until 5th March and beyond.

Close

B9q9ejjIcAAVubX.jpg:large

Previous

CloseB9q9_vYIYAEn0XW.jpg:large

Murray: 'I think once club is back operating on normal basis, there will be people coming to us. I dont think funding going to be an issue'

Gilligan on Robert Sarver: "[His bid] came out of left field but I think he was a genuine guy."

Close

B9q9_vYIYAEn0XW.jpg:large

Previous

CloseB9q-5WzIAAAeHHZ.jpg:large

Previous

Gilligan: 'Got to get promoted 1st. That'll be a struggle. Next year will be tough. I'd expect to be competing at top level within 2 years'

Gilligan: 'We're all Rangers supporters. If people are unhappy at us as the alternative to what's there, I don't know what to say.'

Close

B9q8oesIQAENLNR.jpg:large

Previous

Gilligan: 'I don't mind what he said years ago. I'm sure we all said something we've changed our minds on. Focus on what he said last week.'

To be fair, many fans thought fan ownership was not a very smart option years ago who have changed their mind recently with the fantastic uptake in members of RF/BR. Its not inconceivable that DK has changed his mind too.

That is an absolutely terrible answer because firstly, it won't be "the past four years" for very long and secondly, it was a serious question.

Easy Zappa, it's not a genuine answer, it's just a throw away remark not be taken seriously or literally. He is simply expressing his disdain at the ongoing shambles in our boardroom.