RFB Chairman Resigns

Why, who did he take along ? Fellow RFB members or no ?

Fellow RFB members yes, but taking an 18 year old and a 21 year old (probably the two least mature or experienced members of the RFB) along to a meeting with Llambias and Leach when apparently at least 4 RFB members hadn't even been made aware that a meeting was taking place never mind asked to attend was very poor judgement. A completely bizarre course of action IMO.

Fellow RFB members yes, but taking an 18 year old and a 21 year old (probably the two least mature or experienced members of the RFB) along to a meeting with Llambias and Leach when apparently at least 4 RFB members hadn't even been made aware that a meeting was taking place never mind asked to attend was very poor judgement. A completely bizarre course of action IMO.

As I pointed out at the time, regardless of the age of the persons involved, the Chair did not have the authority to take that action and I am in no doubt that his colleagues told him that in no uncertain terms in the succeeding conference call.

I think I can say with some degree of certainty that at least 5 of the remaining 11 did not know that the meeting was taking place and that includes the Secretary, whether due to the time difference for for any other reason. The only person who I have been able to establish who did know about the meeting but was unable to attend was the VC, Christine Murdoch.

With the gratest of respect to William Findlay and Alison Clark-Dick, who simply don't have the necessary expereince to go up against these two, I suspect that their presence at the first meeting was met with some relief by Messrs Llambias and Leach.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'm left wondering if the resignation had anything to do with the "unauthorised" production of the minutes yesterday? The timing seems too coincidental.

I would agree but it was the cowards way out if it was the reason.

I'm left wondering if the resignation had anything to do with the "unauthorised" production of the minutes yesterday? The timing seems too coincidental.

Apparently not.

But perhaps FS would now like to confirm that Tom Clements actually resigned on the morning after the meeting but that this was not made public to avoid the obvious inference being drawn.