Shareholding...

Very much so. The author is clearly cherry-picking information to suit his opinion rather than forming his opinion based on all relevant information.

‘Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.’

George Santayana

With regard to VB and their stance, they've published this article today which may enlighten a few folk as to their point of view:

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=41&a=a-financial-experts-opinion-of-rangers\%27-future

Wow, I'm glad I don't go to that 'financial expert' for advice. "Just do what you think mate. Toss a coin, 'cos I can't make up my mind."

Wow, I'm glad I don't go to that 'financial expert' for advice. "Just do what you think mate. Toss a coin, 'cos I can't make up my mind."

To make informed judgements in the Rangers saga, you need to have more than just financial expertise.

With regard to VB and their stance, they've published this article today which may enlighten a few folk as to their point of view:

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=41&a=a-financial-experts-opinion-of-rangers\%27-future

In saying that, VB did carry D'art's article from yesterday so there is clearly some editorial balance thankfully.

Vanguard: a group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas.

Hmm.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

My guess with the vb is board out and king and Gilligan on.

Their is wisdom in crowds

I'd agree.

Some VB may like to make mischief but they aren't daft. If there's a collective vote I'd be surprised if it was overly different to the one on RM for example.

In saying that, VB did carry D'art's article from yesterday so there is clearly some editorial balance thankfully.

Curious logic at work in that piece. Flags up the uncertainty surrounding King/3TB but ignores the certainty of what has been done to us and relies on 'Ashley's got lots of money so it'll be ok', omitting to note that a proportion of his 'lots of money' used to be our but has been gifted to him by the board. On the positive side, even in this piece, there's a scepticism about Ashley and his intentions that wasn't evident in the VB's output up until quite recently, even if the anti-King and Murray line is still there. Presumably it's getting harder even for them to ignore the increasing mountains of evidence that the club has been forcibly bottomed.

Curious logic at work in that piece. Flags up the uncertainty surrounding King/3TB but ignores the certainty of what has been done to us and relies on 'Ashley's got lots of money so it'll be ok', omitting to note that a proportion of his 'lots of money' used to be our but has been gifted to him by the board. On the positive side, even in this piece, there's a scepticism about Ashley and his intentions that wasn't evident in the VB's output up until quite recently, even if the anti-King and Murray line is still there. Presumably it's getting harder even for them to ignore the increasing mountains of evidence that the club has been forcibly bottomed.

I've seen various people soften their attitude in recent weeks. Quite simply there's nothing positive to lay your hat on when it comes to the status quo. Hence, why we get the weak Ashley billionaire argument rather than something based on fact.

Doesn't matter who in effect controls the club, the net worth of the main benefactor shouldn't be a long term issue. We need to stand on our own two feet, not rely on the good nature of person A or B.

The boom and bust SDM spending era is long gone and will not be repeated. Some fans have still to accept that.

Edited by Frankie