Sky bet Next Permanent Rangers Manager

Ian Cathro, with Neil McCann as an assistant and Magath as DoF would be a great result and not break the bank.

I think something along these lines seems inevitable if/when Kingco get the gig.

The Magath stuff is just too much of a coincidence.

The only name on that list that could sort things out is Souness

The players need a leader

While I'm sure most of us retain man love for Souness, he's not been in management now for almost ten years. With that in mind, I don't think he's the progressive choice we need.

He essentially said in an interview about his finances (very rare that a ex-manager says something like that, but he did) that he could work for free if required, as he has no need for any money. He'd obviously take money if he was offered a job in Qatar or the like, but he would not squeeze any more from an empty vessel like e.g. our "company". We will see soon enough what he takes up from any job at Ibrox, if he choses to accept one.