Stan Collymore: Take Rangers off the TV...

Ulrika: 'I'll never forgive Stan'

by ALISON BOSHOFF, Daily Mail

Ulrika Jonsson has revealed that she will never forgive footballer Stan Collymore for beating her up - despite his claims that they are still friends.

The TV presenter was hit and kicked in the head by her then boyfriend during a vicious assault in a Paris bar in 1998.

She has accused the former England forward of pretending they are still friends in an attempt to wipe out the negative repercussions of the assault.

'I think something like what he did is so monumental and so unforgivable that at some stage the man needs a reality check,' she said. 'I am not going to let him use me as his ticket back into respectable society.

'I am not his friend. In fact, I am so much not his friend that I didn't know he was in Spain, I didn't know he was engaged, I didn't know his fiancee was pregnant and I didn't know he was retiring. That's how close I am to him.'

In an interview with heat magazine, she said that she had made the mistake of taking his telephone calls, which had allowed him to convince himself that he had been forgiven.

She added: 'I have obviously made the mistake in the past that when he has phoned once every six months to pour his heart out about himself, I have listened.

'But that's just me sitting there listening to him and going "Yeah . . . yeah . . . very interesting, I'm going to bed now, goodbye".

'And if he thinks that's being a friend and being a shoulder to cry on, then he's very deluded indeed.

'The fact is that he is trying to use me to make himself acceptable and excused and respected. I won't let myself be used like that because that's simply not true. I certainly won't forgive him for what he did and he is certainly not a friend of mine.'

Miss Jonsson, 33, spoke out after Collymore gave an interview saying he hoped to launch a career in television.

The 30-year-old footballer, who announced he was retiring from the game earlier this year, admitted that the assault may get in the way of his ambitions.

He tried to dismiss the attack, during which he kicked Miss Jonsson in the head three times, by saying: 'It was three years ago. Yes, it was something that happened . . . It was five seconds of my life three years ago.

'Am I going to have to talk about this every time? Believe it or not, I've got a hell of a lot more to talk about.'

Miss Jonsson, whose game show Dog Eat Dog premiered on Saturday, is bringing up baby daughter Bo and seven-year-old son Cameron on her own after Bo's father, Markus Kempen, walked out on them.

Bo had to have major heart surgery just after she was born and will have another operation later this year. 'It's something I spend every day thinking about and every day telling myself not to think about,' said Miss Jonsson.

Of Kempen, who is not registered as the father, she said: 'When Bo is of speaking age she will know that her father is somebody called, er, something, I forget his name.'

She does not rule out finding love again but said she was more wary of men. 'It's not fair to tar everyone with the same brush,' she said. 'So I don't think all men are bastards.

'But I think some men are boys and always will be. You just have to sort the men from the boys.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-38874/Ulrika-Ill-forgive-Stan.html#ixzz3SDLGb1Eh

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by ian1964

Stan Collymore's 'Dogging' Sex Shame

16:36, UK, Tuesday 02 March 2004

Former England star Stan Collymore has confessed to having sex with strangers in car parks - an underground practice known as dogging.

The footballer said he was "ashamed" of what he had done and had apologised to his wife Estelle.

He told the Daily Mirror he had visited dogging sites around 15 times after reading about them on the internet.

Collymore, 33, said: "What I have done is disgusting and I'm so ashamed, but I'm only human.

"I can only beg for forgiveness. Over the last couple of years I have been to dogging sites maybe a dozen to 15 times, and yes I have taken part and had sex during them.

"My only hope is that the people I know and love can find it in their hearts to forgive me."

Collymore was caught out by two undercover reporters from The Sun.

He told them his most recent visit was to a country park called Cannock Chase near his home in Cannock, Staffordshire, on Saturday.

According to The Sun, Collymore sent the pair mobile phone text messages inviting them to have "some fun" at the same car park the next day.

He also told them about the etiquette of dogging and described to them his first experience of the activity, the newspaper said.

Collymore's representative Simon Kennedy said: "As Stan has said, he has been very foolish and made some foolish decisions."

"He is very apologetic, he is very remorseful, but he has to move on.

"I hope the public at large will realise that Stan has made mistakes but that fundamentally he is not a bad egg and he is not an evil individual."

Collymore, who now works as a TV and radio soccer pundit, gained notoriety in 1998 when he hit his then girlfriend Ulrika Jonsson.

He later admitted to suffering bouts of depression.

http://news.sky.com/story/251297/stan-collymores-dogging-sex-shame

Edited by ian1964

RST Response to Stan Collymore

We note that Stan Collymore has become the latest self-publicist to use the serious issue of sectarianism to raise his profile. Going by Mr Collymore’s comments, his understanding of the subject is about as comprehensive as his ability to win trophies as a player. Whilst he had a mediocre career on the pitch it would appear he hopes to excel as an internet troll. We are loathed to respond but see that sadly the press have picked up his comments.

Rangers are currently being run into the ground by an inept and possibly corrupt regime. Mr Collymore is aware that there will be no response from the club and so it once again falls on the fans to deal with agenda driven attacks on our support.

If Mr Collymore was interested in sectarianism then he would deal with the subject evenly. As a well-known Celtic fan, who is apparently well versed in fan behaviour at the last Old Firm game, perhaps he could discuss Celtic fans’ sectarian banners, mocking British war dead, which had the word “Hun” sprawled on them? He could also discuss sectarian “Go Home Ya Hun” chants directed at the Rangers support. Or he could discuss the sectarian motivation behind attacks on Rangers fans both young and old at the game. Sadly, like so many commentators of his type, he knows Rangers are currently a soft target and acts accordingly. Mr Collymore of course has a history of cowardly attacks on those he doesn't think can defend themselves.

The Rangers support will continue to take the issue of sectarianism very seriously. We will not however take lessons from Mr Collymore who has a history of sectarian behaviour. He has used the sectarian term “Hun” towards Rangers fans on social media and has suggested to the British people of Northern Ireland that they should “F*** off back to Britain.” We think it would be fair to suggest that sectarianism is not his only flaw.

Rangers have done significantly more than most other clubs, including Mr Collymore’s Celtic, to deal with issues around fans’ behaviour over the years and we are sure that will continue. The efforts of those who are genuinely interested in eradicating sectarianism are not assisted by “vile hypocrites” like Mr Collymore who exacerbate any genuine issues with ill advised, inaccurate and inane interventions. If this is the type of man that BT Sport wish to associate themselves with then not only Rangers fans, but fans of all clubs, have the option of voting with their subscriptions."

- See more at: https://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-response-to-stan-collymore/#sthash.RYy9HOoi.dpuf

RST Response to Stan Collymore

We note that Stan Collymore has become the latest self-publicist to use the serious issue of sectarianism to raise his profile. Going by Mr Collymore’s comments, his understanding of the subject is about as comprehensive as his ability to win trophies as a player. Whilst he had a mediocre career on the pitch it would appear he hopes to excel as an internet troll. We are loathed to respond but see that sadly the press have picked up his comments.

Rangers are currently being run into the ground by an inept and possibly corrupt regime. Mr Collymore is aware that there will be no response from the club and so it once again falls on the fans to deal with agenda driven attacks on our support.

If Mr Collymore was interested in sectarianism then he would deal with the subject evenly. As a well-known Celtic fan, who is apparently well versed in fan behaviour at the last Old Firm game, perhaps he could discuss Celtic fans’ sectarian banners, mocking British war dead, which had the word “Hun” sprawled on them? He could also discuss sectarian “Go Home Ya Hun” chants directed at the Rangers support. Or he could discuss the sectarian motivation behind attacks on Rangers fans both young and old at the game. Sadly, like so many commentators of his type, he knows Rangers are currently a soft target and acts accordingly. Mr Collymore of course has a history of cowardly attacks on those he doesn't think can defend themselves.

The Rangers support will continue to take the issue of sectarianism very seriously. We will not however take lessons from Mr Collymore who has a history of sectarian behaviour. He has used the sectarian term “Hun” towards Rangers fans on social media and has suggested to the British people of Northern Ireland that they should “F*** off back to Britain.” We think it would be fair to suggest that sectarianism is not his only flaw.

Rangers have done significantly more than most other clubs, including Mr Collymore’s Celtic, to deal with issues around fans’ behaviour over the years and we are sure that will continue. The efforts of those who are genuinely interested in eradicating sectarianism are not assisted by “vile hypocrites” like Mr Collymore who exacerbate any genuine issues with ill advised, inaccurate and inane interventions. If this is the type of man that BT Sport wish to associate themselves with then not only Rangers fans, but fans of all clubs, have the option of voting with their subscriptions."

- See more at: https://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-response-to-stan-collymore/#sthash.RYy9HOoi.dpuf

Well said.

*part in bold* BURN!