Boyd - I Don't Deserve A New Contract

I think it's unfair on Boyd to be overly critical of him when practically the whole team have been disappointing this season.

In a team which is properly managed and playing well Boyd has definitely still got goals in him, but whether or not he's playing for us next season will hopefully be a decision for a new manager.

Our goalscorers so far this season in all competitive matches.........

Boyd: 10

Law: 10

Macleod: 8

Jig: 6

Miller: 5

Clark: 4

Daly: 4

Shiels: 4

Black: 3

Templeton: 3

Aird: 2

Wallace: 2

McGregor: 1

Mohsni: 1

Murdoch: 1

Vučkić: 1

Žaliūkas: 1

I would be first in line to slam him, the goings on at the club didn't suited Boyd, no direction from the management, in particular, gave him nothing. He needs everyone else to do the donkey work and put it on a plate for him.

Lazy? Doesn't expect himself needing to put the work in if everyone else does their job properly, he's the guy who wants the other 10 to do their job and he'll finish it.

He's been pretty good at what he does, this season everyone and everyone has found him out by being just like him.

We've not played to his strengths (few quality balls in from wide areas), but he has been dire.

A lack of genuine pace is a killer for a modern frontman and he has none. Nor does he have great trickery to compensate. Pretty much his only attribute was a knack of being in the right place at the right time and being clinical when the chances game. Without that, he's done.

The whole 'strikeforce' needs to be replaced for next season. None of them should have a future at Rangers. And I'm now not particulalry convinced by Clark. I agree he hasn't had alot of games or a big run of games from the start. But his performances when he his on the field would need to improve a hell of a lot.

As other posters have said, the whole team has been dreadful and the 'football' we have played has been mind numbing.

The best actual 'footballer' at the club now is a Newcastle loanee. His touch and delivery is as good as we've had for a number of years. Pity the players around him don't have any football intelligence to work off of this.

The whole 'strikeforce' needs to be replaced for next season. None of them should have a future at Rangers. And I'm now not particulalry convinced by Clark. I agree he hasn't had alot of games or a big run of games from the start. But his performances when he his on the field would need to improve a hell of a lot.

As other posters have said, the whole team has been dreadful and the 'football' we have played has been mind numbing.

The best actual 'footballer' at the club now is a Newcastle loanee. His touch and delivery is as good as we've had for a number of years. Pity the players around him don't have any football intelligence to work off of this.

Streete looked quite good as well for the few minutes we saw him. Before any decisions were made for next year though I would want to see an injury report(history) on any of them we are interested in keeping.

In terms of strikers Boyd is still by far and away our most dangerous.

Daly will contribute more for example but I'd still take Boyd over him as he gets himself in goal scoring areas, Daly doesn't do that so well. Granted Boyd has been poor but our ability to create chances this season has possibly been the worst I've seen for a long time.

It's like playing CM and going back to front, don't stand a chance of performing.