Well done to SoS/RST/UoF and all of us who made it happen

Oh goody you don't want us banned now your precious greenco have lost.

I hope you would have been so magnanimous if you had won.

I made a frustrated comment about SOS and Craig Houston in particular on my own facebook page, it doesn't look like you'll be letting me forget it even when I've directly said I retract it. Like you've never gone over the top yourself.

Why talk like that when I've been clear that I supported King ousting the board the very moment he called the EGM? And surely the only winner we all want out of all this is Rangers?

I made a frustrated comment about SOS and Craig Houston in particular on my own facebook page, it doesn't look like you'll be letting me forget it even when I've directly said I retract it. Like you've never gone over the top yourself.

Why talk like that when I've been clear that I supported King ousting the board the very moment he called the EGM? And surely the only winner we all want out of all this is Rangers?

Agreed. Time we ALL let bygones be bygones.

However, we MUST learn from our mistakes in willingly believing people despite the swathe of evidence to the contrary.

King, Murray, Gilligan, T3B etc etc - have to be held to account but we also need to walk that road alongside them. It wont take just THEIR money or expertise to turn us around - it will take for the fans to do likewise. The time to start would be next Tuesday night IMHO with a sizable turnout at Ibrox. Time to show our support of regime change and the Club, now that it is in the hands of like-minded people.

If the loans would have come about anyway then surely we'd have reached this point anyway as well? Laxey were pissed off at the power Ashley had and him forcing their man off the board. I don't think other shareholders could maintain a confidence in any board with such poor financial performance, King and his people talked them around which is what he should have tried sooner in my opinion.

It's just my opinion, nothing about this has been definitive.

So basically what you're saying is that, without the boycotts, even more time and money would have been wasted? If so I agree.

I'd argue that the boycotts influenced Laxey, and made them more amenable to being talked round by King. The boycotts made Ashley's power and disregard for the other shareholders clear for all to see. They forced his hand and brought the problem to a head. Which has to be a good thing?

That would be fine if you weren't trying to take the shine of the work they did.

Well I boycotted and decided to use my season ticket money to buy into Rangers First last year,club1872,and I feel I have done something towards getting the bastards out of Ibrox.

I have attended a couple of games this season though tbf

Edited by ian1964

So basically what you're saying is that, without the boycotts, even more time and money would have been wasted? If so I agree.

I'd argue that the boycotts influenced Laxey, and made them more amenable to being talked round by King. The boycotts made Ashley's power and disregard for the other shareholders clear for all to see. They forced his hand and brought the problem to a head. Which has to be a good thing?

Maybe, but I'm only going by the Kingsnorth interview and Ashley marginalising them seemed to be the main motive.

There's a few if, buts and maybes that you can consider, with more season ticket money Wallace might not have lost his power struggle in the boardroom so all this could have been sorted even sooner. More support for the team might have us in a more stable situation on the park, admittedly doubtful with the incompetence of our coaches and players. It might have kept some people in a job and avoided the need to sell Lewis Macleod.

Boycotting was a high risk gamble, I'm personally not convinced it was worth it but so long as we can have no more boycotting now that things have changed for the better than i'll easily get over it.

Well I boycotted and decided to use my season ticket money to buy into Rangers First last year,club1872,and I feel I have done something towards getting the bastards out of Ibrox.

I have attended a couple of games this season though tbf

I put £120 into RangersFirst in my family name.

Edited by simplythebest

That would be fine if you weren't trying to take the shine of the work they did.

I'm not particularly keen on Chris and Craig as people, I have my reasons for that. But I'm sure you could accept there is some over the top lavish praise going on in some quarters, ultimately we all deserve praise going back to how we kept the club alive in 2012. And now we all have a big role to play including in scrutinising the new regime, I've learned my lessons.