EGM Result: King resolutions pass with 85% of vote

Llambias is brusque that is for sure but he is or appears to be well versed in the corporate world and had achieved some cost cutting which his predecessor had not.

Whether he cut costs will be never known. Yes, he got rid of people but that's not the same thing. How much were Ashley's companies going to charge for performing the services for us?

He maintained his independence from Sports Direct but clearly that is open to considerable doubt and it is up to KingCo to prove otherwise.

I don't recall anything that was done that suggested any sort of independence from Ashley. Llambias's actions, from the £5m loan deal to the instructions that we had to play Newcastle players showed that he was in Ashley's pockets. I'm not sure why it is up to King to prove otherwise when Llambias's own actions prove it. It is up to anyone else to prove otherwise.

On the face of it, L&L may have been good for the club so I can see why some bears were prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

However their actions since should have totally eroded that so if anyone still thinks their appointment (or indeed retention) was for the good of the club then they are deluded.

How could they have been good? That would go against all available evidence at the time.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Given how fast we are clearly burning through cash its hard to believe costs are lower.

Alas, we'll hopefully know soon enough, where that money was actually burned and whether some of it can be brought back legally, even though I doubt that the latter will take place anytime soon, if at all.

On the face of it, L&L may have been good for the club so I can see why some bears were prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

However their actions since should have totally eroded that so if anyone still thinks their appointment (or indeed retention) was for the good of the club then they are deluded.

The strange thing is that they are defended more than Somers and Easdale - but at least those two both resigned without pay-offs and would have allowed us to save money on the EGM. You've got to be horrendous to appear a lot more damaging to Rangers in your last actions than those two incompetents.

We've now got the good guys, perhaps Somers and Easdale were merely the ugly, L&L are shown to be the bad guys.