Will Ally now do the right thing?

As far as the original question goes:

"He can't, it is too late, it is impossible now."

Even if he suddenly saw sense and atoned by returning shares and funds he should not have kept you'd be left with the thought of why did it take so long/why now etc. (Not that I expect such a thing to happen). My mother adored him (well, we all did) and finds his behaviour inexplicable and unforgiveable and I never thought I'd live to hear her ever criticise him far less feel this.

Earning £16k a week after the career he has had? He's rich, very rich.

Personally I don't think you can judge what he made in his football career on today's standards. Players were not on as high a wage as the top players of today. TV would have gave him a wage but not make him rich. Yes he has made a lot at Rangers as manager but don't forget the figure is pre-tax and as I say he will also have the cost of living as we all do. Yes I think he is better off than me but I doubt if he is super rich.

Personally I don't think you can judge what he made in his football career on today's standards. Players were not on as high a wage as the top players of today. TV would have gave him a wage but not make him rich. Yes he has made a lot at Rangers as manager but don't forget the figure is pre-tax and as I say he will also have the cost of living as we all do. Yes I think he is better off than me but I doubt if he is super rich.

He is a millionaire many times over. He was earning an absolute fortune in his TV career and would have still been very highly paid in the 90's with us.

He is a millionaire many times over. He was earning an absolute fortune in his TV career and would have still been very highly paid in the 90's with us.

I have no idea, so I will have to accept that you know far more about his financial situation than me mate.

Maybe he is not as rich as people think and still has a mortgage or rent to pay like the rest of us, and puts his family first. I don't know but it is a possibility.

As our assistant manager to Walter for four and a half years, then our manager for three and a half years we're talking about a hell of a lot of money he's made here pete. It's difficult to put a figure on with unknown bonuses, tax deductions etc, but it's pretty safe to say that he's made a lot more money from our Club in 8 years than the majority of people make in a whole lifetime and then some.

Anyone who cares one bit about the club perhaps and has a modicum of decency. He was being paid English Premiership wages while were were playing in the 4th tier. He is still being paid the same wages, months after leaving the club. He's a disgrace if we're being honest. He's made a complete and utter mess of our team, wasted 10's of millions on absolute worthless rubbish. He should have been done the decent things years ago. At the very least he should have given up his remaining salary when he left - our fans have pretty short memories and would have soon forgiven him.

We must be the only club in history who were paying three managers salaries at once.

Yes, he was a dreadful manager for us - no argument there - but how long did it take for the support to wake up to his inadequacy?

And you are right about the club currently paying the salaries of three managers at the same time, but the blame here lies with the club - not those who are honouring their contracts to it.

McCoist should put family before club - we all should - and wealthy though he may be, I doubt if he feels wealthy enough to just walk away from what could be his last big payday.

Notice should have been activated on McCoist's contract - by the club - a long time ago. It didn't do it, though, and so now we are paying the price.

When I made this suggestion on here, I don't think one person backed it.

We have made our bed and now we must lie in it. This time, McCoist is not the villain.