John Bennett and Chris Graham join plc board

Personally absolutely delighted that John Bennett has been appointed to the Board of Rangers.

Not fussed either way re Chris Graham.

Brahim if I were a former client of yours I'd be disconcerted to think that your concern for the welfare of their investments ceased when the commissions dried up.

For those of you not around at the time here's some links to the original John Bennett threads when we were in our darkest hours and need of serious investment......

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?42094-John-Bennett-Withdraws-from-The-Blue-Knights-Consortium

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40487-UPDATE-Conversation-with-Mr-John-Bennett-(Blue-Knights)

Not many coming out of that sorry episode with their heads held high.

Slightly disappointing but not unexpected to see a lot of unfair criticism over the appointments - well, the fan rep ones anyway.

I've known Chris quite well now for a few years, putting together the TRS website with him and also writing a book. He's knowledgeable, clever, well educated and while I don't know the ins and outs of his business, clearly he's confident enough to take that step despite still being relatively young. In the years that he's come to prominence, he's appeared in the media and has done a largely excellent job when he has. Further, he injected some much needed freshness into the RST of late and it's no surprise it's that charisma which has seen him selected as their rep. Is he the perfect candidate? Perhaps not but are any of us perfect? I personally have no doubts whatsoever that Chris will do a fine job and will put our point of view across strongly and effectively. Have many of us genuinely disagreed with him when he speaks 'officially' in the media? I'd say no.

James Blair I don't know as well but I have one or two dealings with him recently and he seems more than competent too. Add in his law background then I'm sure he'll prove useful as a sounding board for both the support and the club going forward. He certainly seems to be another good choice from the RF side of things.

All in all, we must realise that these lads were brought onto the board to represent us and not for their business/academic background per se. Last week, I suggested anyone appointed to such a role had to be reasonably 'ordinary' but have enough life experience to contribute to board meetings. I think that compromise has been found and crucially, I'm sure we'll get the opportunity to ratify both gentlemen over the next year.

Many of us have been calling for fan representation for many years. Now we have it, so while criticism is to be expected (and welcomed) let's keep it constructive and ensure we make the most of the opportunity.

Slightly disappointing but not unexpected to see a lot of unfair criticism over the appointments - well, the fan rep ones anyway.

I've known Chris quite well now for a few years, putting together the TRS website with him and also writing a book. He's knowledgeable, clever, well educated and while I don't know the ins and outs of his business, clearly he's confident enough to take that step despite still being relatively young. In the years that he's come to prominence, he's appeared in the media and has done a largely excellent job when he has. Further, he injected some much needed freshness into the RST of late and it's no surprise it's that charisma which has seen him selected as their rep. Is he the perfect candidate? Perhaps not but are any of us perfect? I personally have no doubts whatsoever that Chris will do a fine job and will put our point of view across strongly and effectively. Have many of us genuinely disagreed with him when he speaks 'officially' in the media? I'd say no.

James Blair I don't know as well but I have one or two dealings with him recently and he seems more than competent too. Add in his law background then I'm sure he'll prove useful as a sounding board for both the support and the club going forward. He certainly seems to be another good choice from the RF side of things.

All in all, we must realise that these lads were brought onto the board to represent us and not for their business/academic background per se. Last week, I suggested anyone appointed to such a role had to be reasonably 'ordinary' but have enough life experience to contribute to board meetings. I think that compromise has been found and crucially, I'm sure we'll get the opportunity to ratify both gentlemen over the next year.

Many of us have been calling for fan representation for many years. Now we have it, so while criticism is to be expected (and welcomed) let's keep it constructive and ensure we make the most of the opportunity.

Don't you think a new team manager would have been a greater priority ?

Don't you think a new team manager would have been a greater priority ?

Well, yes of course and I'm sure that more important task is ongoing.

But, if I'm perfectly honest, I don't think Sir Alex or Mourinho would get much more out of those players. They've chucked it.

What a stupid comparison

New team manager was never going to happen overnight.

If that's the case then just watch the attendances fall. Last night was truly awful to watch.

The new board must have come in & known they needed a new manager.

If that's the case then just watch the attendances fall. Last night was truly awful to watch.

Crowds will fall quickly if the team doesn't improve - no doubt about it.

But, with respect, this thread is about the new board appointments so let's keep on topic please. :)

They have known for some time they were coming in so should have had a short or long term appointment lined up immediately. We are certainly the worst we have ever been in our history, if KMD keeps going we're heading for 5th place.

Back on topic now, welcome aboard :).

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Personally absolutely delighted that John Bennett has been appointed to the Board of Rangers.

Not fussed either way re Chris Graham.

Brahim if I were a former client of yours I'd be disconcerted to think that your concern for the welfare of their investments ceased when the commissions dried up.

For those of you not around at the time here's some links to the original John Bennett threads when we were in our darkest hours and need of serious investment......

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?42094-John-Bennett-Withdraws-from-The-Blue-Knights-Consortium

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40487-UPDATE-Conversation-with-Mr-John-Bennett-(Blue-Knights)

What I said was that “Since I am no longer an IFA I can look at it purely from a Rangers perspective; and from that angle it's a good thing.”

I did not say that I agreed with it from an investment perspective. In fact I find it even more surprising that he now has time to be a director, given that he now manages more money. However, he may see the role as less all-embracing than it might have been in 2012. I know that he made the decision at that time with the best interests of his clients in mind and I have no doubt that that will have been at the forefront of his mind on this occasion as well.

Since you are not a former client of mine your opinion on this is irrelevant and I can only speculate on your motives for raising it yet again. But for your information and the information of anyone else who thinks this is an issue, your intentionally debasing comment about commission couldn't be more wrong. As an IFA I was in the forefront of the movement to charge fees for advice from the mid 80's and embraced the cessation of commission in recent years wholeheartedly.

As to the welfare of my former clients, what would you know about that and what business is it of yours in any event? But since you appear to be so concerned, I will tell you that such is the esteem in which I am held by some that they continue to ask for my opinion (though I have to explain that I am no longer authorised to give advice) and guidance. I remain the Executor for several and only last week I was humbled to be asked to be the Executor of another former client's estate and his lasting power of attorney.

You might also want to be aware that the re-introduction of a thread on FF at the time of the RFB election last September in which I was subjected to the most foul mouthed abuse and where direct threats were uttered and others were incited to violence against my person, property and (then) business led to an investigation by the police acting on instructions of the procurator fiscal. No doubt you will also recall that a variety of personal information was also posted about me at that time and hence reiterated on the re-appearance of that thread and such were the threats that the police advised me not to post anywhere for a period and not to go to Ibrox alone. Fortunately, on this occasion, the owner of the site was "encouraged" to remove the thread by the police. The action of one individual on this site in drawing attention to that thread was unhelpful to say the least.

Edited by BrahimHemdani