John Bennett and Chris Graham join plc board

I wish them well on their appointments.

I must say, I am a tad disappointed though, I always envisaged a Board with more clout, politically and Businesswise, of course it may come.

I think that's a fair criticism but I also feel the last part of your post will come.

We have to remember Rangers are toxic. If King can turn that around swiftly then the calibre of board will naturally improve.

That remains to be seen.

The new regime can't forever live off not being Ashley and co, they need to build up their own merit.

Yes That is 2 full days they have had and still no sign of Mourinho and Messi coming in. Sack the board I say.

the appointment of cg is a poor one that will widen the chasm between factions of the support. We should be doing all in our power to unite the support and remove these umbrella groups.Not weeks ago they couldnt even congradulate other groups with cg avoiding the question on tv telling us all we need to know about his and the rst view on unity.

how many present members has the rst managed to attract from the estimated 5m?

the appointment of cg is a poor one that will widen the chasm between factions of the support. We should be doing all in our power to unite the support and remove these umbrella groups.Not weeks ago they couldnt even congradulate other groups with cg avoiding the question on tv telling us all we need to know about his and the rst view on unity.

how many present members has the rst managed to attract from the estimated 5m?

I don't see all that many fans being upset with Chris' appointment. Yes a few on here and other online forums may be unhappy but many more will be comfortable enough while also ensuring Chris is accountable for his performance in the role.

I've seen the RST promote RF on social media and vice versa so I think both groups are happy enough with each other as they realise for many fans it won't be one or the other but both. When Chris is on TV representing the Trust, I wouldn't expect him to discuss other groups' initiatives just like I doubt Ricki Neill would either.

People are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water here.

I wonder in the support as a whole, how many are that bothered about CG ?

Clearly many online will be happy with his appointment, a few less so. Generally, I doubt the majority will know enough to care either way.

We have to remember just how important apathy has been with respect to the battle for Rangers.

The one thing we can thank the previous rats/board for is uniting the fans,and the magnificent act of pulling together in buying shares has put the fans in a very prominent roll in the future of our great club,something the majority of fans have wanted for so long now.I feel comfortable in the belief that we have Rangers men in the board room who will do their very best for Rangers and not be lining their pockets.This is only the beginning of a very bright future ahead,how any fan can be disappointed with that is beyond me!.

Edited by ian1964

I don't see all that many fans being upset with Chris' appointment. Yes a few on here and other online forums may be unhappy but many more will be comfortable enough while also ensuring Chris is accountable for his performance in the role.

I've seen the RST promote RF on social media and vice versa so I think both groups are happy enough with each other as they realise for many fans it won't be one or the other but both. When Chris is on TV representing the Trust, I wouldn't expect him to discuss other groups' initiatives just like I doubt Ricki Neill would either.

People are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water here.

disagree frankie. I think you will find a bigger number than you realise dislike cg and the rst not just the online support.

when talking in the media they rarely claim to talk as the voice of a few thousand fans and hide behind the loose title of fan rep. If they cannot be expected to take the view that does the best for Rangers and not just their own groups concern then they should not be worthy of a fans place on the board.

smacks of jobs for votes and underlines the concerns of having PM on board.A large number of the support in my view are worried we revert to jobs for the boys. Lets hope they get the managers appointment correct and leave the network of old players or those they know from before behind. We need fresh thinking to take us away from old habits,that will not be found hanging round the same old watering hole of past.