John Bennett and Chris Graham join plc board

Bennett would appear to be a good finance raising appointment, and why not get a couple of fans on board. James Blair has been appointed in a fairly responsible position and why not Chris Graham. He has generally conducted himself well over the past 3-4 years and come out with a lot of good statements recently.

The appointments will create a bit of jealousy but you're never going to satisfy everyone and they don't have to be forever.

Good luck to all three new appointments.

It's great that fans will be on the board but what can Graham and Bennett actually bring to the board? How can they make it better? I'm not knocking them but I want to know how they can improve it.

Paul Murray, Interim Chairman, commented: "We are delighted to announce the further strengthening of the RIFC Board following Friday's General Meeting. John's corporate and financial experience and track record will prove invaluable, whilst Chris and James have been appointed in accordance with the Board's commitment to meaningful fan representation and in order that they can use their abilities to contribute to the Company"

It's great that fans will be on the board but what can Graham and Bennett actually bring to the board? How can they make it better? I'm not knocking them but I want to know how they can improve it.

Bennett gives access to the capital markets, so potentially brings a lot.

Chris Graham perhaps doesn't bring a lot from a business point of view but brings a fans' perspective. No harm in having that.

Bennett gives access to the capital markets, so potentially brings a lot.

Chris Graham perhaps doesn't bring a lot from a business point of view but brings a fans' perspective. No harm in having that.

Let's hope he's got enough time still to look after the media cabal in interviews and radio/tv shows! That said, he can tell the board first hand who the undesirables in the media are.