Rangers fans sign up to repair crumbling Ibrox Stadium...

Most tradesmen,and a lot of labourers, these days are self employed with their own public liability insurance.

It is not just about insurance Ian. Insurance is paid out after an accident happens. It is about making sure the up most is done to stop accidents happening. Making sure people are sufficiently trained for the work they are doing. Making sure general safety practices are followed and not set aside to avoid costs or time. There are British and European standards that have to be met and if they are not followed and an accident does happen then it is possible someone will be taken to court with the possibility of a jail sentence. With yo working on the rigs I am sure you are pretty well up on safety procedures.

It is not just about insurance Ian. Insurance is paid out after an accident happens. It is about making sure the up most is done to stop accidents happening. Making sure people are sufficiently trained for the work they are doing. Making sure general safety practices are followed and not set aside to avoid costs or time. There are British and European standards that have to be met and if they are not followed and an accident does happen then it is possible someone will be taken to court with the possibility of a jail sentence. With yo working on the rigs I am sure you are pretty well up on safety procedures.

I'm sure all are aware of that Pete!

I'm sure all are aware of that Pete!

Ian you would be surprised how many professional tradesmen every day gamble with their lives, eyesight, hearing and general health just to get a job done quickly.

Ian you would be surprised how many professional tradesmen every day gamble with their lives, eyesight, hearing and general health just to get a job done quickly.

No I wouldn't, I witness instances every day so I'm aware of potential HSE incidents,but you seem to be making an issue before the event!, I think you just want the job of safety officer:).

The oil & gas industry is always looking for propery NEBOSH qualified safety officers!,you should try Allseas.com

Edited by ian1964

I understand that Gilligan has been given responsibility of the refurbishment of Ibrox.

I'm not sure that he has much property management experience but is certainly ideal for promoting a venture such as this and I'm sure he will work well with the likes of Allan Woods.

I seem to remember, John is a time-served Joiner.