Rangers fans sign up to repair crumbling Ibrox Stadium...

Is it possible to start a Paint thread somewhere else as it is detracting to this thread. sorry and thanks.

Archibald Leitch made our stadium. He was a bear who didn't take a wage for doing it for us.

he designed most big English stadia as well

He has industrial masterpieces as well which we should care for and celebrate

think Ibrox....Think Archibald Leitch

Archibald Leitch made our stadium. He was a bear who didn't take a wage for doing it for us.

Granted but the thread was about getting Ibrox back in shape not how people can photoshop.

Can you do anything with this. It's the old sentinal factory that made steam powered road vehicles. Designed by Archibald Leitch. it was the first building using reinforced concrete on the walls. It meant wide spaces inside without pillars because the walls took the load

29dbmo2.jpg

Jeez even the audi is needing renovated...somebodys nicked the reg plate.

Granted but the thread was about getting Ibrox back in shape not how people can photoshop.

Too true Pete, it did go off topic rather when ian pointed out how a DR pic of Ibrox was inappropriate, this was followed by some feeling that the pic was actually quite a good reflection of the 'Old Lady' apart from some who thought (quite rightly) the mud spoiled it, probably ian's initial take on it was spot on to start with.

I then decided (in the spirit of the thread) to 'tidy it up' then others followed from there wanting other Archibald buildings sorted.

It is amazing how a thread develops then goes in another direction.

The joy's of a Super Mod eh? :)

Edited by Bearman

Too true Pete, it did go off topic rather when ian pointed out how a DR pic of Ibrox was inappropriate, this was followed by some feeling that the pic was actually quite a good reflection of the 'Old Lady' apart from some who thought (quite rightly) the mud spoiled it, probably ian's initial take on it was spot on to start with.

I then decided (in the spirit of the thread) to 'tidy it up' then others followed from there wanting other Archibald buildings sorted.

It is amazing how a thread develops then goes in another direction.

The joy's of a Super Mod eh? :)

I actually think it would make a super topic in it's own thread but as you say it had derailed the original Ibrox topic.

Anyone wishing to get involved in the project still can:

They now have a facebook page, you can mail them and ask for contact details etc.

https://www.facebook.com/IbroxRefurb?fref=ts

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT...... I had a message from John Gilligan today praising the supporters for their good work, and I pass that message on to you all.. There is a board meeting next week to prioritise the work that needs done urgently as against the work that can wait till close season. There will not be a mass blitzing of the stadium by all our volunteers at once, as Health & Safety is paramount in any building project. Most likely there will be a call for a few tradesmen to do work at any given time with the target being a fully restored stadium by the start of season 2015/2016. All volunteers will be vetted to ensure they are Rangers minded people and not imposters there to sabotage this project. This will be an on going project with maintenance work being carried out by volunteers when required, going forward. I will keep you updated on this page as and when I receive new information. Thank you

Looks like things are being handled in a safe and proper way despite the boys from the dark side trying to sabotage efforts.

Was he not the lawyer played by John Cleese in a Fish called Wanda?