Chris Graham Twitter problem

As relevant as ever, the image above had absolutely nothing to do with the January shootings.

Yes they did. They were done in the wake of Charlie Hebdo, to show that people will not be cowed by religious fanaticism. People like Tom English thought they were great. Now he's gunning for Chris Graham.

Since I couldn't care less what your opinion is of me, feel free to put it how you like.

For the benefit of other posters who drew the same conclusion as the one above, though, I'll explain that it is the level of behaviour which is the same, in that it shows a lack of judgement. Easdale repeatedly dragged the club into the gutter; this episode, alas, does the same. That bothers me. If it doesn't bother others, that's their business.

While I agree the tweet Chris made was misguided (IMHO) I think it's only fair to note he did so well before he was employed by the club (and most likely not knowing he would be either).

While Easdale made such bad calls during his time as a director, I doubt Chris would do the same again. There is a difference.

Since I couldn't care less what your opinion is of me, feel free to put it how you like.

For the benefit of other posters who drew the same conclusion as the one above, though, I'll explain that it is the level of behaviour which is the same, in that it shows a lack of judgement. Easdale repeatedly dragged the club into the gutter; this episode, alas, does the same. That bothers me. If it doesn't bother others, that's their business.

If you equate a retweet to the methods that the Easdales used to build up their businesses, or for doing time for tax evasion then I stand my comments, both of which were done while not at the club (although one carried on with these methods while a director).

Edited by Bluedell

to put it simply the Hebdo cartoons were offensive towards islam but the issue was whether they had the right to do it.. anyone who liked the hebdo cartoons whether privately or by retweeting or sharing facebook pics etc etc are no different to Chris. any other conclusion just doesn't make sense.

Although the BBC 'broke' the story, the screenshot was on Ranger Media well before the BBC picked it up and ran with it.

We should not underestimate how much some of our fan base hate the RST and anyone associated with it.

It's an inside job IMO, which is dreadful when we are trying to get our club back on a more positive footing.

But whatever the source, Rangers need to come out tell them to feck off and don't waste our time !!!

Je Suis Chris !!!

Edited by MoodyBlue

I don't think anyone can be offensive to islam or this prophet . I worked in saudia Arabia and they are a bloodthirsty lot people can get beheaded for some silly things like false prophecy , sometimes once the heads off the body will then be crucified , they are worse than animals and we pander to them because of oil and arms in my three years there over three hundred people were beheaded .savages that what they are

I agree with you, Andy.

It's alleged that CG had eyes on getting to the Rangers board as fan rep for a while now, so for him to think that tweeting such a crass and unsavoury message is very poor judgement.

I'm in a position of power at a pretty small organisation in my work and wouldn't tweet, Facebook anything which could be construed as offensive to anyone, for no other reason other than I don't want to upset any of our customers or any of their acquaintances so for a guy, often wheeled out as the face of the Rangers fans to be posting such an offensive image on social media is stupidity of the highest order.

For the guys condoning this as it was ok for Hebdo magazine in Paris to do likewise, one is a satire magazine who insult everyone in the name of "free speech" (which doesn't actually exist anyway) and the other is supposed to be a Director of Scotland's predominant football Club. I'm assuming these same fans would be equally as defensive of CG should he deride the Orange Order or Calvinism/Presbyterian? I'm not so sure.

If he stays, and I know it's very early days, then it wouldn't bode well for the current Board and the shambles which is Rangers would continue I fear.

On the day when we should be talking about our new manager, everyone is talking about Chris Graham and that is damning on the latter.

I don't think anyone can be offensive to islam or this prophet . I worked in saudia Arabia and they are a bloodthirsty lot people can get beheaded for some silly things like false prophecy , sometimes once the heads off the body will then be crucified , they are worse than animals and we pander to them because of oil and arms in my three years there over three hundred people were beheaded .savages that what they are

Let's avoid such unfair generalisations please.

Every culture and religion has its problems.