Chris Graham Twitter problem

Yes they did. They were done in the wake of Charlie Hebdo, to show that people will not be cowed by religious fanaticism. People like Tom English thought they were great. Now he's gunning for Chris Graham.

They also had nothing to do with Islam and were not the reason behind the Je Suis Charlie campaign. If they did what Chris Graham did, they would not have got anything like the same sympathy. The situations are incomparable.

I don't remember all those on here defending him doing the same for Charles Green. If Sandy Easdale did this a few weeks ago would everyone be so intent on sweeping it under the carpet? No, there would be vehement condemnation.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

While I agree the tweet Chris made was misguided (IMHO) I think it's only fair to note he did so well before he was employed by the club (and most likely not knowing he would be either).

While Easdale made such bad calls during his time as a director, I doubt Chris would do the same again. There is a difference.

I'm certain you're right, and there's absolutely no doubt that Chris wouldn't do the same again, no-one sane would. But that's kind of shutting the stable door. And it was what, 11 weeks ago? Not exactly a lifetime.

My main concern over this, which has got a bit lost amid the offended/free speech mire, is actually the security implications for Rangers fans. I think the reporting is a scandal, inasmuch as if the media wanted revenge (which seems obvious) they could have gone to Police Scotland to alert them they were running with it, who might have 'had a quiet word'. Blasting it out around the world's internet is so irresponsible it's just not real. But there it is, and we have to deal with it. It's just a nightmare.

Although the BBC 'broke' the story, the screenshot was on Ranger Media well before the BBC picked it up and ran with it.

We should not underestimate how much some of our fan base hate the RST and anyone associated with it.

It's an inside job IMO, which is dreadful when we are trying to get our club back on a more positive footing.

But whatever the source, Rangers need to come out tell them to feck off and don't waste our time !!!

Je Suis Chris !!!

McNally and company were tweeting about Chris' history of online comments pretty much minutes after his appointment, it's clear which set of fans in Glasgow are responsible for this

McNally and company were tweeting about Chris' history of online comments pretty much minutes after his appointment, it's clear which set of fans in Glasgow are responsible for this

While I can see the sense in that, we all know that he annoyed certain reporters and Yahoos to no end. People who like to keep stuff like this in their locker for later use. We'll never know who broke this in the first place, unless some half-wit let it slip. If it were folk from the corner mentioned above, they'll sure pride themselves at one point or another.

I'm certain you're right, and there's absolutely no doubt that Chris wouldn't do the same again, no-one sane would. But that's kind of shutting the stable door. And it was what, 11 weeks ago? Not exactly a lifetime.

My main concern over this, which has got a bit lost amid the offended/free speech mire, is actually the security implications for Rangers fans. I think the reporting is a scandal, inasmuch as if the media wanted revenge (which seems obvious) they could have gone to Police Scotland to alert them they were running with it, who might have 'had a quiet word'. Blasting it out around the world's internet is so irresponsible it's just not real. But there it is, and we have to deal with it. It's just a nightmare.

It would seem, though, that your solution to dealing with the problem of the scandalous, dangerous and irresponsible reporting of a contentious incident in which one of our very own is attacked like a trailing bison by wolves, is to abandon the bison in the hope that the wolves will go away.

If your main concern is the security implications for Rangers fans, I'd suggest your ire would be better aimed at those responsible for putting us all in danger: and it's not Chris Graham.

If you equate a retweet to the methods that the Easdales used to build up their businesses, or for doing time for tax evasion then I stand my comments, both of which were done while not at the club (although one carried on with these methods while a director).

Let's see if words of one syllable will help. This has taken me some time, so I hope you appreciate the effort.

When wear-tie man say or do bad thing, man make club look bad. Big not-pay-tax man make club look bad, big daft tweet man make club look bad. Me not like when club look bad, me like it when club look good.

I'd say for certain that some of our own would have been part of this witchhunt against CG.

I agree with you, Andy.

It's alleged that CG had eyes on getting to the Rangers board as fan rep for a while now, so for him to think that tweeting such a crass and unsavoury message is very poor judgement.

I'm in a position of power at a pretty small organisation in my work and wouldn't tweet, Facebook anything which could be construed as offensive to anyone, for no other reason other than I don't want to upset any of our customers or any of their acquaintances so for a guy, often wheeled out as the face of the Rangers fans to be posting such an offensive image on social media is stupidity of the highest order.

For the guys condoning this as it was ok for Hebdo magazine in Paris to do likewise, one is a satire magazine who insult everyone in the name of "free speech" (which doesn't actually exist anyway) and the other is supposed to be a Director of Scotland's predominant football Club. I'm assuming these same fans would be equally as defensive of CG should he deride the Orange Order or Calvinism/Presbyterian? I'm not so sure.

If he stays, and I know it's very early days, then it wouldn't bode well for the current Board and the shambles which is Rangers would continue I fear.

On the day when we should be talking about our new manager, everyone is talking about Chris Graham and that is damning on the latter.

And I'll happily support anyone who derides the Orange Order, Calvanism, Presbyterian etc if that will help? I don't tend to, but not do I think religious sensibilities deserve any more protection than anything else. You shouldn't assume that all Rangers fans are unionist protestants and it shouldn't make a difference. Religion is a choice, as is being offended by nonsense. Doesn't mean Chris should be picked apart.

People talking about CG is not damning him. Many are speaking in support. .