Chris Graham Twitter problem

There are far too many sensitive/offended wee souls in the world these days. It's become utterly pathetic.

You could slag off someone's washing machine and you'd be accused of being offensive/washing machinist !!!

I have enough faith in our new board to believe that they will be able to put some perspective on this and stand by Chris Graham.

If they don't then we are pandering to every fuckwit out there and they will just continue to attack us on all sorts of things.

They are scared that we are on our way back.

Edited by MoodyBlue

The Club have said they are investigating so they have to respond one way or the other.

My guess is that Mr Graham will make an apology for any unintended offence caused.

I reckon so. It's a good choice of words.

My own would have been along the lines of "This is a secular democracy. Fuck off" - But then again, Islamic Jihad don't know where I live.

There are far too many sensitive/offended wee souls in the world these days. It's become utterly pathetic.

You could slag off someone's washing machine and you'd be accused of being offensive/washing machinist !!!

I have enough faith in our new board to believe that they will be able to put some perspective on this and stand by Chris Graham.

If they don't then we are pandering to every fuckwit out there and they will just continue to attack us on all sorts of things.

They are scared that we are on our way back.

I couldn't care less about the cartoon. It was just an utterly ridiculous thing for him to do, knowing full well how closely he is watched. Regardless of who you are, getting involved in things like this on social media is just absolutely moronic.

Not necessarily - any investigation or its outcome need not be made public.

Not necessarily - but it would be advisable. We really don't want any division between the fans and the fans reps and CG's retweet will have been deeply offensive to any Muslim Bear. It would be simple good manners to apologise for any unintended offense and good politics to distance himself and the club from any whiff of Islamophobia.

AS, JMcK and rpb have presented coherent arguements from opposite sides and I can be persuaded by either.

But itcomes downto this: CG is entitled to his point of view; he is entitled to express his point of view; he is entitled to express it in the way that he did but having elected to do so in that way his suitability for office in a great institution is brought into question. Specifically, I don't think a Director of a company with a high public profile should conduct himself as CG did.

A suitable apology, ie an explanation rather than an expression of sorrow, will suffice and an undertaking not to repeat.

The question for the BBC hack is not what he knew but when did he know it? The timing reeks of suspicion.

Chris clearly isn't an Islamophobe or a homophobe (if, for example, Frankie Boyle made a similar tweet would anyone suggest he was?), but he's cocked up in the sense that he's created an opportunity for the usual suspects to attack him and the club.

I think the technicality that it's a re-tweet might just save him. He didn't create the image, or (to my knowledge) express approval of the image, all he did was bring it to Choudary's attention with the message, "You probably won't like this one...then". I'm pretty sure you could hide behind that legally if you wanted to. (Where's the line? Would it be okay to retweet the image with the message: "Look at this, it's horrible!"?)

If Chris gets through this, and I for one hope he does, I'm sure he'll serve the club well and is unlikely to make any other faux pas.

Was there any outrage in the media when the Celtic Trust (?) boss O'Rourke (methinks) whished that the Protestant shipbuilders who built the ship had gone down with the Titanic? Did he apologize to anyone? Did "his" club reacted in any way. Would the media hare after him for that should he get a job at Scumhut HQ?

Edited by der Berliner

Not necessarily - but it would be advisable. We really don't want any division between the fans and the fans reps and CG's retweet will have been deeply offensive to any Muslim Bear. It would be simple good manners to apologise for any unintended offense and good politics to distance himself and the club from any whiff of Islamophobia.

Your assertion above that it would only be good manners to apologise and reference to the tweet being offensive to any Muslim bear seems somewhat inconsistent with your own suggested wording in post 174.

Ever since CG destroyed Spiers on television on the night Rangers won the FTTT those in the mhedia would have been watching him like a hawk waiting for any small slip or misdemeanour to use against him at a later date.

Looks to me that's what's happened here