Chris Graham Twitter problem

I think if that was the case mate and the Board were saying "no, no we want you to stay and we can see that this has been hugely blown out of proportion" , he'd still be there.

You could well be right, but there may be other factors such as family that we're not aware of.

I suspect -although we'll have to wait to hear what CG says - that CG has resigned because he had become the story and threatened to derail whatever feel-good momentium was being generated. A case can also be made (although it's not one I agree with) that his position as a fan rep on the board had become untenable since he tweeted something deeply offensive to many Rangers fans. I suspect it was a mutual decision, but it has been badly mishandled.

It's basic sales...if you want to sell a product, you don't do anything that can loose you potential customers.

What potential customers ??? were we on the verge of gaining millions of muslim fans out of the blue or something ??

Not a great start and I now fear the worst , totally spineless not to back him , but then when a whole section of our own support were after him , what chance did he have , who needs enemies

Before i go into Mr Angry mode (well on here anyway) i want to hear Chris's and the clubs thinking on this. Though i can say i'm very disappointed at the outcome here.

I also believe it would be useful to hear a bit more about the rationale for the decision that has been taken by Chris Graham. I think the directors' position was made more difficult because of the way their appointment to the board has been protrayed as a new beginning for Rangers. Dave King has also in a number of interviews made it clear that he (and Paul Murray) need to satisfy the authorities that they are 'fit and proper' persons to be a director of Rangers thus acknowledging the importance given to the Directors being individuals of integrity. Thus, if no action had occurred in this instance then they would have left themselves open to the charge that although the faces on the board may have changed critics would allege that it was the same old Rangers.

I also think that if Chris wanted to survive he needed to issue an apologetic statement as soon possible after news of the tweet surfaced in an attempt to pre-empt criticism.