Chris Graham Twitter problem

Originally Posted by craig

So you are guessing is what you are saying ? It still doesn't manifest from one to the other, like you suggested when you stated that shorerdbear agreed with you - he clearly didn't.

No Pete I wasn't guessing, I posted what I was told; but clearly there is a difference of interpretation. I was told the two day gap was due to getting the statements sorted out and IMHO SB confirmed that with his comments. I maintain it's clear from SB's post that the decision was taken on the Wednesday.

TBH I don't think the details matter that much. He would not have been appointed if Rangers had known about his Twitter account, he was appointed on Tuesday, the story came out on Wednesday and he "resigned" on Friday.

Augh cum oon referee this is a case of mistaken identity.:D

What are those reasons out of interest?

Twofold, first I find the clamour for a "fan" on the Board rather bewildering as I don't know of any Board member who isn't a fan, do you?

Secondly I view the main role of a Non Executive Director as providing a check and balance to the Executive and holding them to account if and when necessary and I didn't believe Chris Graham possessed the required experience (at least yet anyway) to carry out those duties on behalf of the shareholders. I believe someone like George Letham to be far more qualified and experienced in that arena. I'm not too fussed if the NED's are Rangers fans or not nor do I believe the fact they are should be held against them. To be honest the appointment of Chris Graham didn't cause me any sleepless nights nights and given what has transpired frankly my feeling is one of overwhelming sadness for it was our "own" who started the witch hunt.

Paul Murray got voted in by shareholders and while sceptical of his CV and suitability for the role is clearly far more qualified than Chris Graham. He's been chairman for five minutes so while i'll be scrutinising heavily i'll also be giving him a fair shot before getting the pitch fork out. Therefore as our chairman and part of a regime who has promised much more transparency than we've been used to I will attempt to go to him with constructive questions and complaints whenever I feel the need to. Providing an email address for himself and an update on whether they will be continuing with the fans board or not would be a good start.

You may have put your pitch fork away for now but it's been well used over the last few years.

Considering how long the Board have been in place it's a bit premature to claim they're not living up to their promise of transparency.

As much as I desire the status of the RFB to be settled one way or another asap I can perfectly understand that it's not at the top of their list of priorities at the moment.

We have all done something we would rather forget or not done at all but I think mister Graham should not have resigned his position and the directors should have backed him , but he is gone now another victim of the pc brigade

Twofold, first I find the clamour for a "fan" on the Board rather bewildering as I don't know of any Board member who isn't a fan, do you?

Secondly I view the main role of a Non Executive Director as providing a check and balance to the Executive and holding them to account if and when necessary and I didn't believe Chris Graham possessed the required experience (at least yet anyway) to carry out those duties on behalf of the shareholders. I believe someone like George Letham to be far more qualified and experienced in that arena. I'm not too fussed if the NED's are Rangers fans or not nor do I believe the fact they are should be held against them. To be honest the appointment of Chris Graham didn't cause me any sleepless nights nights and given what has transpired frankly my feeling is one of overwhelming sadness for it was our "own" who started the witch hunt.

I don't really disagree at all with all those reasons, you've got me very wrong if you think it was all about some irrational hatred of fan reps and groups otherwise I'd have had a problem with Bennett and Blair since they're part of Rangers First, which incidentally I gave £120 a few weeks ago. I trust you've known me long enough now to realise I'm hardly a completely unreasonable person. I think his online behaviour was also relevant to his suitability, and I cannot claim to be an online angel myself but I'm never going to become a Rangers PLC director in my life.

Which one of our own started the witch hunt?

You may have put your pitch fork away for now but it's been well used over the last few years.

Considering how long the Board have been in place it's a bit premature to claim they're not living up to their promise of transparency.

As much as I desire the status of the RFB to be settled one way or another asap I can perfectly understand that it's not at the top of their list of priorities at the moment.

Maybe, but every time Paul Murray has attempted to get himself in the door I said I'd accept it if he managed to do so despite being far from an ideal choice of mine, that still stands now.

I'm not claiming they haven't lived up to it, it doesn't feel like a lot has changed yet in terms of fans getting real engagement but obviously it's early days and I look forward to progress.

I don't particularly see the RFB as a complicated issue for the new board, Llambias spitefully started the disbandment and from what I gather didn't manage to fully complete the process before being booted out so it wouldn't be a hugely difficult to reverse it and the infrastructure is all still there, or they may want to allow the disbandment to complete anyway. Those are the representatives that we democratically voted in so I don't think a bit of time to decide their future is so unreasonable to expect.

Fellow Gers fan or not he wasn't a fan liaison man or a fan board member, he was a PLC member, one of the highest positions you can get at the club. If in some strange set of circumstances I got appointed to the Rangers PLC Gersnet would be in uproar despite me being a fellow fan. As a long time paying customer and even potential future investor in a share issue I'd surely have been entitled to express concerns about someone I thought was inappropriate, we've had plenty of inappropriate directors lately but complaining would have been rather pointless considering the lack of any sort of transparency or engagement, this new regime has promised to be different.

As I said, It's sad that you have that much bad feeling against a fellow Gers fan who, from what I can see, has the club's best interests at heart, something that you haven't denied.

Have you contacted the board about any other director being inappropriate? Or do you not have the same feeling of dislike or them?

I have already indicated on here that I have reservations about a director, but he's there and I hope that he does brilliantly. Why wouldn't I? Would it cross my mind to contact the board about him? Of course not. I want him to do well and he deserves the chance to have a go. I'm entitled to express my concerns but why would I? He has the best interests of the club at heart.

I'm sure that you can come up with some reasons as to try and justify your proposed actions but it iust just comes across as being personal and is not therefore putting the wellbeing of the club as the priority.

It would be useful to have someone on board who is there to represent the fans and who can put forward their point of view as being their main focus on the board. Business men on the board who are fans are not necessarily going to be looking at everything from the fans' perspective as this may not necessarily be exactly the same as the club's.

Secondly I view the main role of a Non Executive Director as providing a check and balance to the Executive and holding them to account if and when necessary and I didn't believe Chris Graham possessed the required experience (at least yet anyway) to carry out those duties on behalf of the shareholders. I believe someone like George Letham to be far more qualified and experienced in that arena.

We certainly need NEDs who will act as checks, but that doesn't have to be each one's main responsibility. Graham and Letham would have different strengths and bring different focuses and both would have been assets to the board.

As I said, It's sad that you have that much bad feeling against a fellow Gers fan who, from what I can see, has the club's best interests at heart, something that you haven't denied.

Have you contacted the board about any other director being inappropriate? Or do you not have the same feeling of dislike or them?

I have already indicated on here that I have reservations about a director, but he's there and I hope that he does brilliantly. Why wouldn't I? Would it cross my mind to contact the board about him? Of course not. I want him to do well and he deserves the chance to have a go. I'm entitled to express my concerns but why would I? He has the best interests of the club at heart.

I'm sure that you can come up with some reasons as to try and justify your proposed actions but it iust just comes across as being personal and is not therefore putting the wellbeing of the club as the priority.

I didn't really think it was worth debating that specific point, Chris is obviously a fan but at times I think he's been caught up in his own ego and fame rather than the club's best interests, you'll probably believe that's harsh.

I don't especially believe any other director is inappropriate, not for the same kind of reasons anyway. I'd gladly express directly but politely to Paul Murray my doubts about his track record though.

Although I take the point you're making there Bluedell, it's because I care about the club that I'd express concerns, if it was simply personal vendetta I'd have been complaining to the RST about his role. If the world went mad one day and I got appointed to the Rangers PLC board are you seriously saying you'd find it completely acceptable and that I'd deserve a chance? Good intentions really shouldn't be enough, and my instincts were that Chris' history could only lead to problems, it's surely telling also that the club at no point have explicitly backed him.

Edited by simplythebest