The JIG problem ................

Those advocating a return to a forward position for Jig are having selective memory disorder problems and are forgetting how immobile, slow of mind, and poor a finisher he was and that everyone was glad when he was finally binned from a striking position.

In fact, this is the same relief that has been relevant when Jig has been moved out of any position he has played in for us. If Bears will recall the relief of him playing in centre midfield after being a terrible striker until we realised that he was too slow, couldnt tackle and wee boys in the 3rd/4th tier of Scottish football were taking the piss out of him and we need to move him back to centre half.

There is only one position for Jig, and that is in the stands, preferably at another club's ground.

And from what I have heard this morning in a private conversation I unfortunately cannot repeat here, he is just as bad for the club off the pitch as he is on it. That actually surprised me as I thought he was at the very least a good team player and a nice guy but my information is without doubt spot on, and makes me have even less respect for him that I had previously, and that wasn't much at all to begin with.

I agree that he was a liability in CMF and is an embarrassment now but his overall record of 105 goals in 464 games at all levels incuding the Champions League, Premier League and every level of Scottish and English senior football proves he has been was a more than useful goalscorer throughout his career.

All I am saying is that right now if, for whatever reason, McCall feels he has to play him, then given the paucity of our resources, striker might be the best solution.

Equally I agree that he would be better hanging up his boots.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I don't accept that and I didn't like the booing at the end on Tuesday although it was understandable in the case of the likes of Boyd and Law who are clearly not trying I didn't think the same could be said of McCulloch.

He is an embarrasssment now but he was an integral part of the team that took us to Manchester in 2008 scoring against Zeta and memorably in Lyon.

He pas performed well for us as a striker with a goal per four games ratio and has 18 international caps. So he is not and never has been a useless football player but he is well past his sell buy.

Some people like the continued use of negative superlatives, regardless of whether they actually fit the comment or not though :rolleyes:

I would agree, past his sell by date. Not useless and hasn't always, or ever, been a woeful player. Probably the best descriptor of McCulloch are words provided regarding a previous Rangers player by George Burley "Has limited ability". I know not everyone agrees but if he must be shoe-horned into this team, stick him up top beside Clark. He may be immobile, but he is less immobile than Boyd & Daly. He also couldn't possibly offer less than either of those two if playing up front, it would be impossible.

Daly has never been petite - but he is looking heavier and heavier these days. Dreadful state.

I agree - there is not a more immobile player in football than him - although Boyd runs him very close !! For comedy value I'd like to see the two of them play up top together. Now that would make interesting viewing !!

Funnily enough that's another tongue in cheek suggestion I made to my neighbour on Tuesday night.